Five

Isobel P.O.V.

"Isobel..." a faint voice echoed through my peaceful dream. "Bel, wake up," a warm hand shook my shoulder.

"Mm no," I snuggled into my pillows, wrapping an arm around them. I haven't had time off in a while, I want to sleep in!

"Bels," he chuckled.

He.

Oh god. I cracked one sleepy eye open, as a blurry vision of a person cleared up into the chiselled features of a man.

"Kade..." I mumbled, opening both eyes. "AHH!" I squealed as realisation hit, pushing him off my bed. He was sitting half on the edge as I had my arms wrapped around his thigh.

It wasn't a pillow!

"Ow," he blinked sprawled on the floor, before standing up. "So violent first thing in the morning."

"What the hell Whitley!" I yelled, sitting up, rubbing my face. What on earth is he doing here?

"Sophie tried to wake you, but you were dead as a log, so I thought I'd give it a go. You know, I was very tempted to pour a nice cold bucket of water over your head."

"Erugh how nice of you... Asekhfeboaikl," I groaned, sliding down to the bed and pulling the covers over me. Maybe if I ignore it, it'll go away.

"There's waffles downstairs!" he said in a sing-song voice, attempting to get me up.

I grunted in return before closing my eyes. Maybe this is a dream? I'll just go back to sleep, then when I wake up next, he won't be there. Right. This is all just one big dream.

"Bels..." he said, as the mattress dipped beside me.

Silence.

I felt the mattress lift up as the weight pressing against it disappeared. Yes. He's leaving. My plan is working!

Spoke too soon.

The covers were ripped off me, before he gripped my hips and hauled me over his shoulders in a flailing hot mess.

"WHITLEY!" I cried, banging my fists against his back. "Argh!"

"How do you make so much noise being so small?" he chuckled, holding on to my bare legs as he carried my upside down body.

"LET ME DOWN YOU BIG, NASTY OGRE!"

"Okay then." With that, he dumped me on the ground and left me in a heap on the bathroom floor. "Tooth - brush," he mimicked the action of brushing his teeth with slow, enunciated words, like he was explaining it to a child.

I crossed my arms and glared. He's a piece of work.

"Breakfast, downstairs. Then, Sophie needs you," he finally said, giving me a salute before exiting.

I groaned. Just leave me here, let the floor swallow me up. I slapped my hands to my forehead before finally dragging myself to stand upright. I have duties to perform, I chanted in my head like a mantra. I quickly refreshed myself, popped on some light makeup, high waisted jeans and a cropped blouse before making my way downstairs.

"Morning sunshine," Soph smiled, sipping from her cup of coffee. "Have fun up there?" she said mischievously. I'd have strong words with her except for the fact that she's my best friend and she hasn't done anything wrong. Damn.

"Lots," I turned around to give her a sarcastic smile.

"Please leave my best man alive, at least for the ceremony," Oliver chuckled, handing me a plate of waffles and berries, butter and a bottle of maple syrup.