Forty three *

-6 years ago, Gramwood High-

Isobel P.O.V.

"I'm leaving soon." I murmured quietly as Kade played with my hair the morning after prom.

He stilled, retracting his hands as he lay there silently.

"Kade?" I turned over to look at him. His brows were furrowed in thought and he had not made a single sound. Highly unusual of him. "Whitley?"

"Yeah?" He snapped out of it to turn back to me.

"You okay?" I questioned, tilting my head.

"Yeah fine Bels. When do you leave?"

"Week after grad. I wanna get there ASAP and settle in. Get to know the place. I can't believe it's finally happening."

"Wow," he breathed. "That's...soon. I'm... I'm really fucking proud of you."

"Thankyou." I smiled softly. "I'm proud of you too for getting into Brown. We're... we're gonna keep in touch, right?" I asked timidly.

He looked over me for a second before eventually nodding with a blank face. "Yeah... course Bels."

I frowned at his lacklustre behaviour. "What's wrong?"

He shook his head before plastering on a big smile. "Nothing. Just you leaving I guess. I've just not wrapped my head around it."

"Yeah, neither to be honest," I chuckled, trying to lighten up the mood.

"How about we not think of doomsday until it comes around? I'd rather not. I might actually start to miss you. Ew." He joked.

I scoffed, pushing him lightly on the chest. "Okay but I'm a great person to be around, thank you very much. I will be missed."

"Uhh..." he winced, thinking it over before shrugging. "If you think so..."

I narrowed my eyes at him. "You better watch yourself Whitley."

"I'd rather watch you," he winked, all traces of his earlier moments disappearing and replaced with a fun, cheeky Kade. "Like right now, naked and on top of me."

"Don't even try!" I retorted amusedly, pulling the sheets closer around my body as I scooted over to the edge of the bed. "Aren't you sore from last night?!"

He grinned devilishly before pouncing on me, crushing me under his weight as he rolled me over on top of him.

"I only get to see you for 1 more month." He pouted adorably, his eyes softening as he rubbed my cheek with the back of his knuckles.

My resolve weakened, as I wrapped my hands around his face, tenderly stroking his jaw. "Not very long is it..." I murmured.

He shook his head from side to side. "No it's not. Shan't we make the most of it then?"

My lips curved into a smile. "I see how you manipulated me just then Whitley, but lucky for you I agree."

He chuckled softly before wrapping his hand around my face gently to pull me towards him. "I'll be slow and gentle..."

His lips claimed mine, and I thoroughly enjoyed every part of him he had to offer for our remaining time being. Just like he said, our connection was tender and sweet that morning, leisurely taking our time to be with each other as if we had all the time in the world.