Nineteen

Isobel P.O.V.

So Drew is now my "boyfriend".

One of my best friend's at Red. The fashion director. It was the best excuse I could think of at the time, as to why I just couldn't get any more further involved with Kade. That one kiss had me spinning out all sorts of ways. And what I said was true, we didn't have a future outside of being together in Newport. We lived two different lives. I couldn't get caught up with him, we're not like that. We clash. That's what I kept telling myself anyway.

I had literally almost forgot about my little white lie at dinner Sunday night, when he not-so-subtly threw me into the spotlight. Later on, I had to go explain to Sophie all about it whilst she laughed at me non-stop, at the fact that my gay friend is now my fake boyfriend- all just so I could get Kade to stop making moves on me. Moves that I can't resist anymore- to be precise.

He was the devil and I wanted to sin.

Plus just like him, I needed to focus on my duties. I've pushed aside and ignored almost every thought and memory of him for six years to focus on myself, what's one more week?

Sophie's wedding was now this weekend. Eeeeeeeep. So close, I was getting more excited with each passing day.

I was lounging around in the living room, replying to a couple of emails, before I continued to work on Sophie and Oliver's slideshow. Casey and Margaret had sent me a ton of pictures, which were absolutely perfect. Now I just had to filter through them all and assemble them in order. Speaking of the couple, they were out today, meeting with the celebrant to go over how they would like their wedding ceremony to be structured. Everything was becoming so official, we didn't have much left to organise besides picking up our dresses.

A loud honk from outside, startled me from my "in the zone" work mode. I took off my glasses before heading out the front door. A delivery man was outside, unloading a couple of large parcels from his truck.

"Hi, delivery for Isobel Hernandez?"

"Yep that's me!" I nodded eagerly, signing my name on the little electronic gun.

"Thanks Miss."

"Have a good day!" I waved as the man hopped back in his truck and drove away.

It's like Christmas today!

I carried all my packages in carefully one by one before grabbing some scissors to open them up. I peeled off the outer plastic and layers of bubble wrap to reveal what was in the first box. I slid out the white glossy poster board- the welcome sign had turned out so nicely. Definitely a cute little addition to the wedding decorations. I packed it back up and slid it back inside it's box so we could keep it safe for the ceremony and reception. I spun the scissors in my hand as I contemplated what next to open. I grabbed the softer parcel and snipped off the top. The macramé came too! Perfect, everything had arrived on time. I made a mental note to take this over to the florist on Friday, which is when I'll be picking up some of the flowers too. I carefully folded the fringe back inside and set it aside to open the next package.

Yay. My gift for Oliver and Sophie came. There were about five different frames, all in varied sizes, but with the same sort of colour scheme, so it looked like a collective piece. There were two different cute patterns, a quote, one with their names and the last- my favorite, was the animated cartoon drawing of them in their full on suit and wedding dress outfits. I sent the artist a couple different pictures of both of them, as well as a picture of Sophie's dress and Oliver's suit so she could draw inspiration from there and adapt it to the disney-like cartoon to mimic them on their wedding day. It turned out amazing- it was so adorable and well crafted. I quickly carried them upstairs to my room so they were out of sight. I wanted to surprise Olphie later with the gift.