Chapter 1 ~ The Beginning Of My End *EDITED*

The Ransom

Chapter 1 ~ The Beginning Of My End

"Nathan! Stop, what is wrong with you?" I shrieked at my brother as he grabbed my arm roughly and started dragging me to the basement stairs.

"Me? Nothing's wrong with me!" Nathan stated maliciously. Ripping the basement door open, he threw me down the steps and all went black.

Nathan's P. O. V.

I slammed the door closed, locking it too. I turned and headed to the kitchen, to grab my car keys, and to make sure everything was ready.

"Damn... where are those-" I cut myself off as I spotted the metallic object on the stove. I grabbed them and ran outside, towards my car.

The engine purred as I started the car. Hopefully they would still be where I last left them. I arrived at my girlfriend's house, who stood there with a set of keys in her hand to her father's van.

I jumped out of my car and took the keys from her; we both got in the van. I put the keys in the key hole and turned them, the engine purred to life, just as my car's had. Putting it in gear, I took off to the warehouse that we left 'them' in. Stopping at a red light, I turned to my girlfriend - Kara - and nodded. "You remember what to do?" I asked. She nodded, keeping the tazer that was shaped like a gun firm in her hand. I knew Demi wouldn't be unconscious for long, so we had to make this fast; now that I think about it, I own the warehouse, we could have just brought her here.

"We're taking Demi to the warehouse. I own it, it would be easier that way," I stated, did an illegal 'u' turn and drove back to my house. "I'll be back. Stay here, do not move and don't open your door for anybody," I said and hopped out of the van and ran into the house, unlocking the basement, and looking down the stairs, I saw that Demi was still unconscious, but for good measures, I picked up the baseball bat and walked down the stairs. I hit her once in the head with it and picked her up. Walking back up the stairs, I took her out to the van and drove to the warehouse.

I sped past everyone, swerving in and out of everyone's way. They honked at me, some giving me the finger. I honestly didn't care...

"We're here." I said to her. She nodded, and jumped out of the car. I got out of my seat too, shoved the keys in my pocket, and slammed the door shut.

"Where, in the warehouse?" Kara asked me. "And what about Demi?"

I heard a groan come out of the back of the van, indicating Demi would be awake any minute now.

"Just follow me!" I hissed at her. She nodded and we tore down the aisle to where I had left them.

Opening the door to a room under lock and key that was in the warehouse, I stepped in, "Hello boys." I said. They all looked instantly up.

"Why don't you just let us go, you're going to get caught." Liam grumbled.