Jacy & Dakota part one

Clare’s Point Of View 

“Finn we’ve been walking around for hours admit we are lost” 

“We are not lost this is the way we came look those are the trees we saw”

“All the trees look the same Finn and you said that about the dang trees five minutes ago” I was officially frustrated and cold Finn and I have been walking in circles for a total of three hours. Since we decided to head back to the car. At that moment I saw the shine of what looked to be an umbrella. 

“Hey who’s out there?” came a gruff voice from two trees ahead.

“Finn I bet it’s a guy with a chain saw” I say as I grab Finn’s shoulders and cower my face into his neck.

“Just relax Clare” Finn try’s to reassure me. A man with salt in pepper hair around Finn’s height appeared from the trees. His skin held a Carmel glow to it he held up the flashlight, which made Finn, and I squint in response.

“Now what are you kiddos doing out in the woods at this time at night?”

“Sorry sir where trying to find our car we got lost” Finn responded to the man

“And where are the two of you coming from?”

“ The Falls sir”

“Well you kids follow me this way there’s a storm coming and its best you camp out with my wife and I till it passes.” Finn looked down at my cold shivering body before nodding and following behind the man, whose voice held a Native American sound to it.

“My name is Jacy,” the man said as he walked ahead of Finn.

“I’m Finn and this my girlfriend Clare” I couldn’t help but turn red and flash Jacy a 100 watt smile when Finn called me his girlfriend. Jacy may be leading Finn and I to our deaths but that thought couldn’t erase the smile from my face. Soon we reached a small house that was just outside the trees and connected to the road Finn and I had drove one. Never seeing the house that was hidden by the trees.

“Dakota we have company” Jacy said walking into the house with Finn following behind.  As I walked into the house Jacy  put his arms over a small round women with pitch black hair that matched the hazel of the her eyes. She gave both Finn and I a smile then wiped her hands on the little red and brown apron she wore before extending her had to Finn and I.

“I’m Dakota it’s a pleasure having you. And how did you find these youngsters Jacy?” Dakota asked looking up at her husband.

“They got lost walking back to their car for the falls thought they should stay here till the storm passes. You know how these Florida storms can be”

“Well while the two of you are here who’s hungry” 

“I sure am ma’am,” Finn said following Dakota into the kitchen. 

“ So the two of you where at the falls?” 

“Yea we wanted to do some sight seeing and found the falls” I reply to Dakota.

“Well weren’t they something to see? When Jacy and I first started dating we would go all the time. We would sit there and Jacy would tell me the legend of The Falls”

“There’s a legend?” I ask Dakota excitingly.

“Sorry about her she loves a good story” Finn laughs.

“Jacy why don’t you tell the kids the story in the living room while I make some dinner”

“Oh could you tell us the story please” I as feeling like I was five again begging my dad to tell me another bedtime story.

“You sound just like Dakota when we where younger” Jacy laughed while motioning us to follow him to the living room.

“Both Dakota and I are from the Native American decent so this story has been passed down for generations. The falls was originally called Amor lapsos its Latin it translates to the falls of love” at that Finn snorts I glare at him.

“I’m sorry it sounds corny Clare. They couldn't pick a better name they had to go with that chick flick one”

"It's romantic" I agrugued back 

"I agree Clare" Dakota called from the kitchen. 

“Horrible name I would have gone with something more oringinal” Jacy whispered to FInn.

"Back with the story gentelman" I intrupped.

"Yes back to the story the falls have a long history but here's one part of it. Its starts with the two lovers knoton wich means wind and Lena meaning flute" at that moment Finn raised his hand.

"Finn just accept it means flute and let Jacy continue the the story" I grumpled.

"Fine" Finn complained but didn't protest.