Quickly paging Camille, I waited for her to click on her receiver. 

"Yes Miss Soderstrom," she said. 

"Hi Camille," I replied informally. "Did Zayn tell you he was expected a call from Aimee over the past few days?"

"Yes, he mentioned it."

"Ok... Do you happen to know why? Like, what was it about?"

"No, miss. Why?"

"Nothing... No matter," I said quickly. "Thank you."

After hanging up I muttered 'stupid girl' to myself as I realized that I could just call Aimee instead of asking someone else.

Praying that she was still awake over there in America, I anxiously listened to the annoying electronic ring of a phone as I held the receiver to my ear.

"Hello," her familiar voice said, sounding rather tired. 

"Hey! It's Mia, is this a bad time?"

"No, not at all," she replied, but I could clearly hear the unenthusiastic sarcasm of her tone. Typical Aimee. 

"You called Zayn earlier, right?"

"Yes... Why?" she pressed, her voice going a bit lower. 

"He's um..." I stalled, trying to decide whether or not I should tell her that he was gone. I then decided against it. "What did you guys talk about?"

"He didn't tell you?" she asked, sounding a bit surprised. 

"No, he didn't."

"Mia... His father... Carlisle's awake."

***

"Well what else did she say?" Louis voiced said.

My cell phone was slipping from my ear so I held it up with a bit more strength. 

"Nothing... She just said that Carlisle's awake... Louis, he woke up from his coma," I explained to him, picking up a random pen off my desk and clicking the top of it multiple times.

"Damn... So like... Can he move around? Is he walking?"

"No, he still has brain damage so he's basically incoherent but his eyes are open and they are managing to feed him a little bit of food."

"When do you think he'll be back in office?"

"Not for a while, by the sounds of it. Parts of his brain are still swollen so they are struggling to take tests. They are just going to observe him for now but he is barely strong enough to sit up or tell someone he wants a glass of water. I have a feeling he's not going to be back for a while, and even if he does get better it's still a long ways away until the doctors will let him on a plane."

"I see..." Louis said quietly, mumbling barely audible words to himself. 

"So you don't have any idea where he could be?" I asked him.

"No, have you called the house?"

"Yes. Charles said that he isn't there... And then I called again about 5 minutes later just in case and still the same answer... And he's still not answering his phone... Do you think he's ok?" I said to Louis, hoping that he would give the reassuring answer I wanted and expected to hear. 

"Honestly... Your probably right.... You know, trying to find him. I've been friends with Zayn a long time and it's no secret that he isn't the best at expressing his feelings and emotions... And that's why I'm nervous about all of this."

I nodded, even though Louis couldn't see me. I felt exactly the same about the situation right now, I knew that Zayn didn't express himself very well so whatever he was doing to whatever emotion or feeling he was having... I could count on him to do the wrong thing.