Chapter-55

2 days has past since their departure.  Today bhabhi and bhaiya will take off to France for their honeymoon.  All and all I'll be super alone because shruti is also busy for the preparations of her and Akshay's engagement. 

I tried to talk with Kusum and Sid but Kusum's mother has surely prisoned her again that's why our calls were left unanswered.

And about Sid,  Karan informed me that he has talked to a lawyer for the legal procedure of his and Kusum's marriage and is busy doing that.

"Sumi" mother came in my room.

"Yes ma!"

"You know na your papa needs you in office for a few days as Ananta is going on holiday.  He wants you to know things about our investors,  partners,  share holders and every important person."

"I know ma.  I'll join office from tomorrow."

"Good. But you know that you have attend business meetings with him too. Right? "

"Those are boring. "

"No.  Those are advantageous."

"How? "

"You can know people more closely if you attend those meetings. "

"Aahaaan. I got your indication." Of course what else can it be!!

"What indication.  I just want you to get settled.  Look at Shruti she's also getting married soon."

"I know mum.  But,  I've something I want to tell you." I said chewing on my lips. 

"What?  Don't tell me you have married someone already!" A shocked and angry face and finger was infront of me instantly.

"Ma.  What do you think of me? I ain't that reckless. I....  Ilovesomeone." confessing your love infront of your mother was a thing you don't learn in class.  Gathering all of my courage I said rapidly.

"You what? Ohh...  Well it's not that bad as I had imagined." My mother release a breath of relief.  "Who's that boy?"

When she asked Karan's name was on the tip of my tongue but I couldn't speak it out loud.  Situations like this makes me miss Shruti beside me.

"Mum...  You know him." I tried to give her hint so if she guesses right then it'll be easier to just nod than crying out loud.

"Don't tell me its Neevansh.!!"

I opened my mouth to say yes as i was expecting Karan, but it's my mother we are talking about.  But....... Why dont she want him to Neev?

"Why?"

"Don't know but that boy has changed over years. He is a self obsessed person....."

Yes!  He's a changed person...

With that statement that day again replayed in my mind.... After all these years I still couldn't forget what I felt that day. I am not comfortable around him and I know I never can be!

"Obsessed people are never trustworthy!"

Absentmindedly I nodded my head.

He did murder our friendship.

He's not at all trustworthy.

"Sumi." My mother shaked holding my shoulders and I  snapped out of my thoughts. "What's wrong beta? I've seen you two are shy around each other.... Is this really him?"

"No!!" My shouted more louder that I wanted.  "Sorry,  I mean no it's not him. And...  We aren't shy,  atleast I'm not.  It's just..." suddenly I felt choked I have hidden this from everyone but the memories are still fresh in my mind.  I wanted to tell my mother everything.  But what good will it be?  Karan will find out, my bhaiya,  papa,  Akshay, Sid everyone will know, and Kusum she has already many things on her plate.  I don't want to plus their problems. " we've been distant during the years because of many things....  And... My love for Karan is among those things."

Finally I said it.  I don't  want to cry over past.  I've a future with Karan. I can't just ruin this moment.

"Karan!  Karanveer! " My mother asked and I nodded shyly. 

"Oh thank God."

I wasn't expecting something like this. I looked at her face and there wasn't any hint of anger.  Thank God.

" I like him.  And I heard from your father that he's doing good in handling his father's business.  Ananta also praise about him.  Chalo, am happy that you chose him.  There's nothing I don't like about him. " Mother declared and relief flooded through my veins.

"Mma I love you.  You're just the best." I hugged her more like squeezed her and she laughed.

Yes!  Mma agreed means papa will also agree and bhaiya already knows about us..  That's why he praised about him.  I should thank him, I made a mental note for that.

"Do his parents know?" my mother said me releasing herself from my grip.

"No.  Not yet."

"Do you want me talk to them? "

"No mma.  He'll tell them soon.  We are just waiting for a few matters in hand that needs our attention most." my voice dropped a little as  I thought about Kusum and Sid.

"Should I be concerned? "

"Nope.  It'll be settled. " I said with a fake smile tried to fool my mother.

"Don't smile when it don't reach your eyes.  But know one thing,  if you need any help we're with you. Okay? "

"Yes ma."

I know my family will be with me forever.  Its her family that I think about. I can't even imagine what that poor girl is going through.

She's pregnant with Sid's child. 

she's afraid for being parted from Sid.

She's stuck between her mother and her love.

I wish I could help her somehow!!

I wish I could take her sorrows!