Chapter-17

Karanveer's POV:

The first thing I did after waking up was to message Mausam. She replied me sometime later and also texted me the address. I am very excited to meet her.

"Where are you going?" Oh shit. I thought about sneaking out. But this Akshay....

"Mm... Nowhere. I was going for a walk." I lied.

"Huh! I didn't know that people go for walk after dressing up like they are going on a date." He said smirking.

"May be its a date, but she don't know about it."

"What do you mean?"

"I told her to meet but not as a date. I don't know how will she react if I ask her out on a date."

"Hmm... I know you have liked Mausam since like forever, but still she's very sweet girl. Be patient with her."

"I know bro. I'll go now. And don't tell Sid. He'll make it headlines in newspaper tomorrow."

Akshay laughed and got into the kitchen. I started my bike but then thought of yesterday when Mausam sat on my car. I parked the bike in the small garage we have and got into my car. I drove to the restaurant she gave me address of and found an empty seat near the window which was giving a good view of the lake nearby. I was going to message her when I saw her reflection on the mirror polished window glass in front of me. She was wearing a white floral dress with a cardigan, her long hairs were flowing till her waist. She was looking like an angel. My angel.

My heart swelled with pride when I noticed that her beautiful shy eyes are fixed at me.

"You are looking beautiful." Before I could control myself I uttered those words which were in my mind.

Oh god. She looks more beautiful while blushing. That too because of me.

After sometime we were talking when Akshay called me. Coincidentally Shruti called Mausam at the very same time.

I left her to talk and went to the nearby window.

"Hello."

"How was your study meeting"? He said with sarcasm.

"Study meeting? What does it even mean?"

"You don't know? But Shruti told me that Mausam had told her that you had asked her to meet for study meeting." All the while he was trying to control his laugh.

"No..mm yes. I actually told her that we will discuss about studies."

"Good man. I proud of you." Saying this he laughed full heartedly.

"Shut up. You and Shruti are together now?"

"Yes. And she made track you both's location. She wants to play cupid."

"Good. At least she's on my side. And not like you."

"I am also with you but I can't help it. Whenever I see Mausam she remind me of her. I just love her so much as a brother."

"I know. Acha am going now. We'll talk later."

Hanging up the call I reached the table. We talked for a while then left the place together.

When she said that she hasn't brought her car I was more than happy that I brought my car.

You can ask her for the prom too. My conscience said.

When I was going to ask her about prom her mobile started ringing. It was her parents. We need to reach there fast to I left the topic for later.

I had planned about asking her yesterday night that's why I asked her to meet but I don't know why am I feeling so nervous. I have never felt nervous around anyone but she.. She's a different case.

I glanced at her she was checking out my music collection. She is so adorable. I just wanted to kiss her cute cheeks. What??

Do you hear yourself. She is Mausam you are talking about. She might bang your head with anything that is near if you do that without her concern. She never let's anyone touch her.

Soon my car rolled on to her driveway. Her parents were standing there on the porch. But his father was glaring at me and... Her mother was also looking angry.

As far as I remember they never disliked me in fact Radhika aunty always loved me as his own son. Then what has changed?

I saw Mausam climbing off and going towards them. I also climbed off and followed her.

"Hey ma, papa." Mausam greeted them.

"I told you not to go outside and take rest." Auntie said.

"Mum I just went out today, as we..." She glanced at me "were studying for the semesters."

"Who is he?" Uncle asked sternly.

"He's..." "Hello uncle, auntie. How have you been?" I know now why he was glaring at me. Because he didn't recognize me. So I relaxed because he's not actually angry me. Once he know who I am he'll not glare anymore!

"Fine. But... You look familiar." Auntie said. I smiled.

"Ma.. Of course he is familiar. He's your cookie boy Karanveer." Mausam said excitedly.

Both of her parents eyes grew wide. "Really.. Oh god! You have all grown up." Auntie said and hugged me smiling.

"Let's go inside." Mausam said getting in herself. We three followed her.

"I'll bring some coffee for you guys." Mausam said and entered the kitchen while we three sat on the couch at their living room.

"So. What are you doing here?" Uncle asked.

"I am majoring in business from the same college as Mausam."

"Oh.. But then why didn't you come earlier to meet us? Its almost 2 months since college has started." Auntie asked.

"Because I was in bed rest so we never met until yesterday at the fresher's. More over Akshay, Shruti , and Neev always used to call him 'Veer' so I didn't know." Mausam said coming towards us bringing coffee.

"Ok. So.. How's your parents son?" Uncle asked.

"They are fine." I replied seeping the coffee from my mug. Its also sweet just like Mausam.

After some time her parents went to get fresh and I also left her house. Reminding myself to ask her for the prom tomorrow one question lingering my mind..
What will she say?? Yes or.... No.