Chapter-21

Mausam's POV:

At our way to college I asked Karan to stop at market.

"Why? Do you want to buy something?"

"Yeah, I haven't bought bhaiya's rakhi yet."

"OK. You seem to be pretty happy."

"I am happy. You saw na he said me bye and yesterday he ate pasta with me and Shruti. Maybe.. Maybe he don't hate me that much now."

"He don't hate you at all. He's just confuse and insecure." I smiled.

He is the only person who encourages me in this topic. Otherwise Shruti is scared of him herself and Neev.. He just don't like him.

Talking about Neev, you haven't talk to him since like ages.

After buying a rakhi we went to college. Seeing us together Kusum raised her eyebrows with a knowing smile.

"What? We were studying for sem." Karan said.

Stupid! You just cleared her suspicion that we were together. I wanted to say him but no use now. The ship has sailed. Kusum started laughing.

"Bro I never asked you."

"Oh."

"Hey Kusum. Where's everyone?" I asked for changing the topic.

"Oh Sid has gone to buy chocolate for us. And Akshay and Shruti haven't reached yet."

"Okk.  Can I sit with you?"

"Yeah sure."

"Why?" Karan asked.

"Why not?" Kusum asked to him.

"No I mean Sid will be upset na. You two sit together." Karan said to Kusum then turned to me "so let them you can seat here with me."

"Keep your upset excuse to yourself. Mausam you are sitting with me. He's just lying."

"He has grown up into a lier." I said.

"What! No no I don't lie.. Umm may be sometimes but am not lier." Karan protested.

I walked a little close to him. And said very slowly. "Take it as your punishment Mr lier." And then I sat beside Kusum.

Karan sat beside us on other bench and smiled at me. We were looking at each other so we didn't notice Sid, Akshay and Shruti.

"What's up guys?" Sid said and we jerked towards them.

"Nothing. These two is having loving staring competition." Kusum replied.

"What? No you are exaggerating." I said. And heard everyone laughing. My cheeks heated with embarrassment.

After class we were in canteen everyone was chatting for the prom. Me and Karan told them that we are going together on prom. All of them were happy. Akshay and Sid gave Karan their special bro hug. Shruti gave me thumbs up.

Shruti Kusum and I decided to have a girls night so we hopped on together in Shruti's car leaving the boys sad. Drama queens no no kings!!

I then called Neev. He received after 4th ring.

"Hey baby doll. How are you?"

"I thought asking you the same. And I am fine."