Chapter-11

Next day..

"Oh my god!! You are looking so hot Shruti. Akshay is going to die today for sure..."

Yes you got it right we are ready for the party. Shruti is wearing a white sleeveless top with collar and a dark green knee length skirt that has a bow on the waist line. It hugged her in all right places. She kept her makeup minimum and left her wavy hairs down clipping them on one side and is wearing a white pencil heel sandals.

 She kept her makeup minimum and left her wavy hairs down clipping them on one side and is wearing a white pencil heel sandals

"Huh.. Says who? Look at yourself beauty queen." She said.
"Oh... Thank you waitress.." I replied on which she stuck her tongue to me.
I also wanted to wear my cute skirt but because of my swollen leg am wearing a long skirt. I also have minimum makeup and has curled my long hairs so they come to my mid back now. Shruti gave me a hat that goes well my outfit.

  Shruti gave me a hat that goes well my outfit

"Hurry up na. He's waiting there." "Sure Chal."
We left my house and drove off in her swift. She drives better than me and after that accident I am going first time out of my house and my mother didn't allow me with my car. Soon we reached college Shruti parked in an empty space. After the first day I came today only and with all the preparation for fresher's its looking different. We climbed out of the car, there is very little pain in my leg but at least I can walk on my own. There was Akshay waiting for us. With him there were a boy and a girl, I guess they are Sid and Kusum. Hmm... She is prettier than I thought. They look cute together.

 They look cute together

"Hey

"Hey .. How have you been?" The girl asked me.
"Very well. If am not wrong, you are Kusum na?" I said.
" Yes, that's her. And am Sidhartha. Call me Sid." The boy said. "We have heard a lot about you. I already feel like I know you." Kusum said.
"Same here."
"Where's Neev Shruti?" Sid asked. I forgot about his absence what a good friend I am. No reply came.
"We used to be like this in early days." I heard Kusum saying to Sid. Like what? I thought and turned to see. There..... Akshay was looking at Shruti and she was smiling shyly and both were lost in each other's eyes. Aww.. How cute! I silently clicked a picture of them. And then dialled Shruti's number. Her phone rang and as per my imagination they both jerked. On seeing my number flashing on her screen she looked towards me and asked "umm... What happen?"
I smiled and showed my phone to her showing her their recent picture "this happened.." I said.
Her eyes got wide and she blushed. Akshay smiled and hold her shoulder taking a good pose and said "click this one." She blushed more and try to hide her face with her hairs. The picture came out perfect. And I smiled proud of my photography.
"Why is Neev nowhere to be seen?" I asked her. " oh.. He can't join us today. Its his grandparents 50th anniversary so he went to meet them." Okay. I am a very very good friend.
"And where is Veer?" Shruti asked. I know this guy is Akshay's friend, still whenever I hear his name I wish it to be him.
"He's going to perform today." My thought broke. I nodded my head as if I know what kind of a performer he is. Note the sarcasm.
"We should go now. Its going to start anytime now." Sid said.
"Hello everyone... I know I am a fresher but couldn't stop myself from performing." A voice came from the auditorium through loudspeakers. A voice that sent unknown sparkles to my body. " the song am going to sing and play is very close to me" a sense of knowing covered me. what's happening? " and also very close to.. Someone closest." Why is this voice pulling me towards the owner?
"Mausam, are you ok?" Akshay asked. I looked at him. Am I OK? I don't know. The sound of guitar emitted from the speakers. The tune that I never can forget.
" Sumi.. Hey what's wrong?"someone asked. I was feeling like a bucket of ice cold water had been poured over me.
"Its him."
" I said "Who? What are you saying?"
"Calm down Mausam." All voices was fading away now as the song was being sung by a person. A person whom I desired. A person for whom I waited. "Karan.." I only could mutter his name and my legs took their way. I ran away from the scrutinizing gazes. I ran away from everyone towards the voice. I ran ignoring the pain in my leg. I ran until I reached the back of the large auditorium. I hadn't had the chance to explore this college campus. I knew my friends must be following behind, but I couldn't wait for them to ask for the entry door. I stopped for a mere seconds to see around, I was panting my leg was throbbing in pain but I didn't stop. There I saw a door and rat into it. The voices got clearer, may be the stage is nearby. I took a turn and found myself on the back stage. There.... I inhaled a sharp breadth. There he was. He was facing his back towards me but I know its him. The song, our favorite song, came to an end and I waited. I waited till the curtains slowly started to fall and my heart started to bear more faster and louder. I can hear my heart beating like a drum over the loud clapping of the audience.
"Karan " I spoke. It was more like a whisper inaudible to my own ears but I saw him stiffen. He was not more than 2 feet distance from me, he turned and froze. I waited for him to recognize me, its been 5 years but still I hoped. He took a step forward and my hopes raised but he stopped. 1 second passed and my hope was going thin now.
"Mausam?" he said smiling. I didn't think twice. There was no need to. Before I could stop myself I ran into him and hugged him and felt his arms tightening around me. "Yes, its me." I said now feeling content in his arms. I felt him inhaling in my hairs "I missed you." He said. "I am sorry."I said. I couldn't say much as a heavy lump filled my throat.
" What's going on?" I heard Kusum saying from behind. Footsteps came to a halt behind me beside her.

Finally the good thing happened.
Stay tuned for knowing there story.