Chapter-13

I was deep in my thoughts when the door of washroom opened and Shruti came in.

"What's wrong? What's troubling you?" She asked me.

"N..nothing." I was just coming outside.

"Don't play smart. Tell me what you are thinking?" She demanded sternly. Is it that clear on my face that I am troubled? I thought.

"Its just.. I was thinking... What if.. If he.. He has a... Girlfriend." It was very hard to say he and girlfriend in same sentence.

"He who?" She asked confusedly. "Wait. Are you talking about Veer?" She suddenly asked triumphantly as if she has solved a maths problem. I nodded.

"So you like him. More than just like a friend?" She said raising her eyebrow.

I blushed on her remark and smiled shyly confirming her doubt. " I knew it. I knew it when you always used to talk about him earlier."

"I don't know Su... Please don't be happy. What if he don't like me in the same way?" I asked her which I was asking myself till now.

"How will you know that, until you give it a try? And as per my knowledge I don't think he thinks of you just as a friend..." She left the sentence.

There was a knowing look in her face and she was thinking something.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Didn't you see, how his expression changed when Sid has asked about your boyfriend? And how he relaxed when you said you are single. And also Akshay and Sid know about you, he must have told them about you." She said smiling.

"You know he loves his guitar and there's a tattoo on his guitar that he won't let me see but Akshay has told me earlier that its her secret girl. I never had tried to spy on him but I think now I have to." She said smiling mischievously. I also hoped for better.

"Hmmm... So... What will I do then?" I asked her.

"Nothing. At first we have to know what he thinks about you. You will do as I say now." She said smiling slyly. "All right??" She asked.

"Okay" I agreed to don't know what. But I trust my friend.

"We got out and reached to the party. We enjoyed there. My friends were dancing but I quit as my leg was not in a good situation after the morning marathon.

Karan brought drink for both of us and sat with me. I took the drink and thanked him.

"So... You don't have a boyfriend huh?" He asked smiling.

"No" I said shyly smiling. Then I remember what Shruti has told me to do at first. To confront him and ask him, if he is single or not.

"And you?"

"What.. Boyfreind?" He asked laughing. My brain got paralyzed with his laugh. I missed his laugh all these years. But I reminded myself, that I have to stay put.

"No.. Do u have.. Girlfriend?" I asked him with a fake smile, because inside I was dying. If he says yes... then what?

"What do you want to hear, the truth or lie?" He asked smirking.

Here I am dying with anticipation and this boy is making it much harder for me. "Truth" I said. But this time all the smile of my face was gone and I was getting serious. Because of my inner turmoil I didn't notice that he was closer than before now. Our faces were in a hand's distance now. I looked at him and our eyes locked.

"What if I say.... Yes" he said very slowly. I knew it. I knew he is not single. How can a handsome, tall, sexy guy like him be single??? I can feel my eyes brimming with tears but I controlled them and gave him a fake smile.

"Good" I said and tried to get up from my seat, but I didn't notice he was holding my hand. He didn't let me leave.

"Mausam, do you really think.. I have a girlfriend?" He asked me coming closer.

I was breathing fast now. "I... Don't know."

"Because, you don't want me to have one, just like I don't want you to have a boyfriend." He said. He don't want me to have a boyfriend..!!

"But.." I couldn't make any word.

"Ssshhh..." He shushed me putting his index finger on my lips. Ohh god.. Why is he getting closer?

"I don't like any other girl." He said. But being an idiot that I am, I didn't get his hint that there is an other girl.

"Oh.." I said. He was stroking my hand with his hand and his eyes were on me. I was unable to make a word with his touches.

"Why don't you two join us?" Kusum asked coming towards us.

We broke apart. I bit my lips and looked at him. He was looking at me, no... not exactly me, he was looking at my LIPS.. Its too overwhelming I felt my cheeks heating up.

"I think I'll go home." I declared out of blue.

Hi readers.

What do you think about them??