Chapter -45

"So you do remember me!" Akshay said with a sad smile on his face.

"How can I not?" Sakshi said and ran in her brother's arms.  They hugged so tightly that I afraid if they can breathe. But they were afraid of letting go.

Tears rolled down both of their eyes. I heard a sniffle beside me and looked at Shruti.  Seems like I'm not the only one emotional person here.  Bhaiya put his arms around both of us. We looked at him and smiled. 

"All of us are having this brother -sister moment,  I know.  But how is it possible? Akshay's mother was... " Bhaiya slowly asked us.  "Time to get some answers." Shruti said and I nodded.

"Why didn't you look for him?" Shruti asked to Sakshi.

"How could I? I thought he's..." She turned to Akshay.  "I thought you're dead. Tell me bhai... please is father alive as well?" She grabbed his collars and asked in a pleading tone.

"Very well alive. Hale and healthy." Akshay said removing her hands.  "Why did you think we were dead?"

"That... That horrible blast.  I was so devastated.  Mum was so sad.  We thought... we were informed that you and father... died in that blast." She was saying everything with so much pain as she was reliving the moment.

"Blast!" Akshay said and smirked bitterly. "The same bullshit story! Who exactly informed you that.... We were dead?" Akshay asked. His nose was flaring out of anger. I haven't seen him this angry ever.

"Dad. I mean Mr. Dhanjani." Sakshi replied.

"That make sense." He replied and turned to the balcony window.

"But bhai.  How is it possible? I... I saw that was left of the car...  Why.. Why you didn't look for me? For mother?"

Akshay turned and the emotions on his face were everything but angry. "Because I never knew you were alive. All thanks to our mother."

"Why are you saying this? What has she done?" Sakshi was confused now.

"Everything.  She separated us.  She betrayed father!" His anger returned this time.

"What? Have you lost your mind? She's our mother you're  talking about. How can you blame her? She too thought you're dead.  She was so sad when we found out that you and father...."

"Sakshi.. can you please tell us what actually had happened?" I asked her.  Cause their accusations were leading us no where.

"Um..  Me and mom left for nana's house, my grandma. On our way mom received a call, saying that,  papa and bhai will be joining us so we need to switch cars.  And..  We did. But... When we reached nana's house. We were informed about that blast.  Mom didn't take me but Dad and she went on the spot. She was heartbroken. She couldn't even get near our house." Her voice broke at last I made her sat on the bedside couch.

"She never went near the house because we were very well alive there."

"She didn't know."

"She did." He shouted this time and Sakshi and I both flinched.  Shruti at once was on his side. "Calm down." She said and made him sit on my bed.  Bhaiya came and sat beside Sakshi. "You okay?" Bhaiya asked her.

"Why would he say that about mum?" She silently cried and bhaiya side hugged her.

"We were never on that blasted car." Akshay slowly said and Sakshi raised her head from bhaiya's shoulder. She had a confused look on her face. "But.." She started but Akshay bit her on that.

"Hear me out first." Akshay said when Sakshi didn't say another word he continued. "When you and mother left she gave me a note to give it to father. It was written that she's going to nana's house with you and will be back in 2 months as nana is ill. But when I and father were having dinner we got the news that your car got blasted. Father called to nana she confirmed that you haven't reached yet but father didn't tell her anything. We believed that we lost you. Only 5 days ago when Mausam saw mo... Your mother she told me and I asked father about her.  You know how father came to know about your and your mother's existence?" He asked bitterly and waited for an answer when Sakshi gave none he continued.  "When after 1 year of that so called blast he saw a picture of the famous business tycoon getting married with... His dead wife." Sakshi shaked her head as no. 

"They never allowed me to come back to India.  After nana died she said there's nothing left for us in here.  She... " A knock came and Sakshi stopped. 

"Come in." Bhaiya replied and door slowly opened revealing the only person we were not willing to talk right at the moment.