Chapter-54

The night passed and the day came when we have to get apart again. Today Karan, Sid and Kusum will get back to their homes. 

"Why are you so upset?" Karan asked me standing beside me in my balcony.

"Aren't you too?" I asked turning towards him.

"Yes.  But I've a solution." He said smiling.

"What?"

"We should get married."

He said this thing with such an ease as  if it was no big deal. And here, I was unable to shut my mouth. 

Did he really asked me for marriage?

"Did I say something wrong? " He said looking at my face.

"Mausam are you Ok baby?"

"Uhh huh. Yeah.  I'm fine. Did you really just.... " asked me for marriage?  I wanted to ask but no words came out of my mouth.

"Yes, Miss Mausam Sinha I asked you for marrying me. I know this is not the right way to do it,  but I promise you, I'll ask you again in a proper..... " I didn't let him complete and shushed him by putting a finger on his lips.

"Ssshh. There's no definite way to express your love nor any definite time. What you are today, you'll be the same any other day." I said looking into his eyes.

"Then? What's your answer?" He said removing my finger from his lips but he didn't let my hand go.

"I... Yes. I will marry you." I said, and he lifted me up from my waist and twirled me around. I didn't want to wake anyone up but I couldn't control and laughed hardly.

"Sto..pp Ka..ran... Stop." He stopped but didn't put me down. "What?  Put me down!"

"After accepting my proposal you're looking more beautiful."

You shouldn't drool over your own boyfriend...

Hell!! Who said you can't drool over your own boyfriend.. After all he's your life partner.

"Shut up.....  Put me down." I said trying to hide my blush but in vain. He put me down slowly. There was a new light in his eyes that I couldn't take my eyes off. 

There was faith,  admiration,  determination and few other feeling pooling in his eyes but most prominent one was  love.

Unconditional love.

" I love you. " I didn't know when my lips said that and a beautiful smile appeared on his face. 

"I love you too my love.  Till my last breath. "  When he said those words I felt like my breath hitched and for support I held onto his shirt's collar.

Instantly he grabbed my waist and rescued me from falling. After a long time I was this close to him. All of my senses were on cloud nine.  I was looking at his face unblinking my eyes. I felt like his face was getting bigger by the second. There must be some fault in my eyes, how can I not see the full of such a beautiful face.

I soon got the answer when his lips touched mine and I closed my eyes to feel him. My mind wasn't working still my lips moved in sync.  They were following his orders. 

As if I've already given myself to him. My hands moved from his collars to his neck. I caressed his neck, his hairs felt like silk threads on my fingers and he made a growl like voice in his throat and his grip tightened on me.  He was pulling me more closer which was impossible as there were no space for even a thread still it wasn't enough.

But the moment didn't last long as a knock came on my door. But Karan ignored the knock. I tried to make a liitle distance but he was holding me very tightly.

"Karan... " I spoke on his lips with huffed breath "we should stop... There's someone at the door."

"Whoever he or she is..  I hate them right now." He said holding my blushed cheeks and putting his forehead on mine.

A small laugh escaped my mouth.  "Even if it's my parents?" I wanted to tease him. Instead he had a playful smile that made me suspect him.

"Baby.  If it's your parents.  You should wipe your lips." I gasped at his comment when someone again knocked the door. 

" Oh no...  What do I do now? If they'll see you in my room!!" I was having many thoughts on my heads of my father slaughtering Karan's throat and me begging to him but caught by Harry.

"Mausam" He brutally shaked me. "Ask who's this?" 

"Okay. " I nodded.  And did as was told.

"Mausam it's me.  And Sid." I heard Kusum's voice. 

"Oh thank God." I said opening the door. " It's you!!"  They came in and saw Karan.

"Oh so you are here!  I called you many times but then found your cell in the guest room." Sid said to Karan.  Surely he was looking for him.  They were to leave together.

"I hope we didn't interrupt something?" Kusum said out loud hitting me by shoulder making my cheeks hot again.

"You surely did." Karan said to her narrowing his eyes.

"Uh..  Nothing.  We were just talking....uh about"

"Haahh just talking." Kusum interfered again.  Though right now she's making me uncomfortable infront of Sid but still this face of her was worth my discomfort. All of us just want to see her like this forever.

"We were talking about marraige." Karan finished my sentence.

"What?" Sid asked.

"We thought that as you two and Akshay and Shruti both are getting married soon so why not us too. This way we'll be able to live together."

"Yes.  That's a fantastic idea." Kusum was excited for us.

"When are you planning on doing that? " Sid asked.

"We haven't yet decided.  First we have to tell our families. " Karan replied.

"We'll do it after your birthday Sid. After Akshay and Shruti's engagement. We should sort out what's more important right now." I said looking towards Kusum's stomach.

"I agree.  First you should talk to Kusum's parents.  Then we'll talk in our homes."

"Perhaps, You and I will ride the horse together." Sid said making us all laugh.

Everyone had a happy smiles on their faces. It made me wish to God that,
'We stay like this forever.  Happy,  content and together.'