Chapter-36

Its Sunday today.  Thanks to God,  because so many things happened in the last two days that it wasn't possible for me to go to college.

Shruti went home early morning. But I know she'll be back soon.  Or may be everyone will be here at a time beacause no one is gonna spent there Sunday at home neither gonna hang out without me.

Bhaiya came a while ago to check up on me more like...interrogate me. Only if I was good with it. I do tell him about the incident from prom party but not the Neev's house thing. I made him believe that there's nothing else am hiding. 

There's a friend of his downstairs he's from New York. He has a big business set up there and now he is going to be a partner of our company.  So that he can spread his business in India and we in New York.

On normal circumstances I would've loved to be introduced to him but today am just not feeling like that. But mother said to behave like a lady.  Do you hear that?  'Lady!! '

"Why do I have to behave like a lady?  When am not. " I had asked mother.

"Cause he's a smart, succeessful and handsome man. And going to be our business partner.  We'll meet him for more than once. And successful men don't like a childish young girl. " huh?

"I don't need to be liked by him either." I was confused. 

"You ask too many questions. Get ready he's not gonna sit for eternity." and she was gone like this. 

Okay I love my mother like everyone does. But still sometimes these matchmaker instincts of my mother feels like a pain in the a#s.

I dolled up like I was asked to do.  If Shruti or Kusum would have been here with me they surely would have laugh on my face. 

When I came downstairs, I saw everyone sitting. There was a man with them I guess that's bhaiya's friend. Okay I get it why my mother told me to behave like a lady.  Because this man in front of me is actually handsome. But no use my Karan is way much better than him. Atleast for me he is the best.

"She's our daughter Mausam.  And he's Mr. Biraaj Mehta." my mother introduced us. 

"Hello." I said smilingly but the way he was looking at me it was like he has seen something drool worthy.

"Mausam come sit here." Bhaiya called me and thankfully he did.  Mr Mehta then turned towards me " Oh hello.  Am sorry but..  I was stunned by your beauty." Bhaiya stiffened beside me and Father choked on his coffee.  This man is wierd he's talking about me infront of my family.

"You know there are many beautiful women in New York city but when you are an Indian your heart only leaps to the natural beauty." Only one person was being happy with his comments and that was my mother.

"Why are you dressed like this?" bhaiya asked slowly.

"Mum told me to. Truly speaking am not liking your friend but mum thinks otherwise. "

"He's a good guy.  But I know about you and Karan and also you are studying.  Its not a time for you to get settled. "

"Thank you bhaiya."

After lunch Mr. Mehta left not without glancing my way.  My mother was over enthusiastic that he took a liking on me but my father and bhaiya both scolded her and told her not to do this again.

It's just not fair all the time they are doing meetings and conferences and when I am starting to see my life with my own view she's trying to set me up with some business tycoon.  It so not gonna happen.

"I am on the way but not alone. " Shruti texted me.

"Who are with you then? " I  replied.

"Neev. "

"What?  Why? "

"Sooner or later you two have to talk.  And I'll be there with you. "

"Still.  I don't wanna see him. "

"For the sake of our friendship.  Be at home. "

Why is she bringing him with her? 

A/N

Above picture is of Biraaj Mehta.

Actually when I hear the word handsome only one picture hits me and that's him. My favourite.

He has some more roles to play.  Stay tuned to know.