Deacon ➵ Art

Deacon
Fallout 4
Warning: None

I walked into me and Deacon's room with a basket in my hands

I walked into me and Deacon's room with a basket in my hands. He looked up from his chair at his desk, standing ip and rubbing his hands together, and looking at the basket like a wolf in the woods, "Food?"

"Nope."

I set the basket down and opened it, showing him all the painting material I had stored inside. I got out a blank, white canvas, and numerous colors of paint. He picked up the blue paint bottle, looking at it, "Where the hell did you get all this?"

"Well, remember how you told me you painted that one thing at the Railroad Headquarters? I just so happened to pass by an old art store, and they had some stuff lying around. I figured you would like it..."

His features brightened, "Oh, I do! I just... haven't painted anything in a very long time..."

I was aware he was bullshitting me. I wasn't stupid. I'd actually made it a game: seeing how many times I can get Deacon's lies to bite him in the ass and come back to get him. He smiled at me, "How about I paint you nude?"

I scoffed, setting up the easel at his work desk, and moving the paints and brushes over there. I smiled, "While you get ready, I'm gonna go get you a cup of water to wash off your brushes with." I did so, and when I came back, he was turned around in his chair with the canvas held up in one hand, and his brush in the other with his elbow up on the armrest. I set the water and napkin on the desk, and he nodded for me to sit on the bed. I did, smiling, "Are you seriously going to paint a picture of me?"

"Yeah. Now, tilt your head down just a little."

I did so, and he stared at me for a long time, letting out a quiet whistle as he dipped his paintbrush in a color, "You're so perfect."

I laughed at him airily, "Thanks. Now paint, lover boy."

He did so, occasionally looking up at me and muttering, "Cheekbones," or, "Eyes," or something else like he was checking off what he had painted as he painted it. After a long time, he held his painting out so he could look at it from a small distance. He looked to me, "It looks just like you! Ready to see it?"

"Yeah, show me!"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, Deacon, lemme see it!"

He turned it around and my jaw dropped. I stood up, putting my fingers gently on the canvas, and looking to him, "Holy shit... when you said you could paint, I thought you were lying."

He looked back down at it, "Yeah, well, I try my best!"

He beamed at me and I kissed him, "Let's hang this in the living room!"

"Go ahead. I'll go grab the nails and the hammer. You go get the step ladder." I did so, and we hung the stunning portrait up in the living room above the couch. It was fantastic. The next day, MacCready came over to drop off some of the food he got while hunting, and just to catch up. He sat on the couch with his legs crossed, looking up at the painting, "Looks like something Duncan would draw."

Deacon crossed his arms, "It's not a drawing, it's a painting."

I chuckled, "Yeah MacCready, get it right."

I looked up at the painting for the tenth time that morning. Yup. It was perfect.

Deacon might have lied about some stuff in the past, but he didn't lie about being a good painter

Deacon might have lied about some stuff in the past, but he didn't lie about being a good painter. Duncan could never paint something that extravagant.

Author's Note
Hope you enjoyed!! Any requests?? You guys like the painting??