John Hancock ➵ Quiet

John Hancock
Fallout 4
Warning: Cursing

I sat up on Hancock's balcony, my butt in a chair, and my feet propped up on the railing above town square

I sat up on Hancock's balcony, my butt in a chair, and my feet propped up on the railing above town square. I had all my muscles tightened and my joints locked to try to hide the fact that I was shaking like a chihuahua. My jaw was clenched and my hands were balled up in fists.

Hancock frowned, "Shit. You cold? I should've asked earlier. Wanna go inside for a bit?"

I shook my head, "N-No... Just... Could you go in and grab me a blanket?"

He stood up, taking his red frock coat off and wrapping it around my shoulders. I looked up, and he pushed his lips to mine before going inside, the screen door clattering shut behind him. I tugged on the jacket, having it hug me from behind. I smiled. It smelled like numerous things. The sweet plume of Jet, a slight hint of cherry vodka, and coffee (which he had six cups of in the last hour).

I nuzzled into it happily, and the door opened. Hancock threw a large blanket my way, and I let it plop on my lap before adjusting it to my comfort. I looked to him, "You want it back?"

"Hmm?"

"Your coat. Do you want it back?"

"Nah."

"Oh, come on. I can't have you freezin' your balls off out here."

He smiled, "This is one of those scenarios where I get to laugh at you for not bein' a ghoul. The radiation in my veins keeps me warm. Dunno why. I just ain't sensitive to cold."

I stuck my tongue out at him, "Lucky. I hate being cold."

He smiled, "After being on ice for 200 years, I'd hate being cold, too."

"Huh... that actually makes sense..."

"Course it does. Everything I say makes sense."

I giggled, "You said that every time Gage blinks, he actually winks."

He scoffed, "And it makes sense!"

"He still has his other eye, it just doesn't function properly."

"He HaS AnoTHeR EyE, iT jUsT DoESn'T FunCtIoN pRoPeRLY."

I rolled my eyes, "You're not cute."

"Take that back!"

I tugged his jacket closer around my shoulders, "Nope."

He sighed dramatically, standing up and looking over his balcony dramatically, shouting into the night sky, "And woe is me! Alas I try, and alas I fail!"

I saw Irma poked her head out of the Memory Den, her pink face mask now dry, "Hey, will you two shut the fuck up! I love you, dolls, I do, but it's three in the morning!"

Author's Note
Hope you enjoyed!! Any requests??