Paladin Danse ➵ Strict

Paladin Danse
Fallout 4
Warning: Awful Puns

Danse's POVWhy does she have so much in her pockets? Do her pockets go from her outstanding hips to her ankles? She pulled out four wrenchs, throwing them at Synth's

Danse's POV
Why does she have so much in her pockets? Do her pockets go from her outstanding hips to her ankles? She pulled out four wrenchs, throwing them at Synth's. She hit them all square in the head, getting rid of the problem we came to eliminate. She looked to me with a broad smile, "I guess you could say this was the right tool for the job."

Your POV
I smiled at Danse, happy to be having such a good time with him. Not gonna lie, I'd sort have been developing feelings for the man, and wanted to be able to be more relaxed around him. We were bombarded by synths, and (lucky for him) my pockets reached my ankles, so I whipped out the wrenches my brother, Sturges, told me to carry and killed the two-legged terminals! I made a pun, and smiled at Danse.

He frowned, cross with me, "Listen up, soldier, and listen good. You have been goofing off on the field, and it will eventually lead to a mistake. A crucial one. I'm not saying his as your boss, I'm saying this as your friend: Get your head out of your ass and be serious for once. We need to retrieve this prototype for Maxson, and if we don't, the entire hull of the Prydwen is in danger, which means everyone on board is as well."

My smile had slowly disappeared through his words. I kicked a wrench gently, "Sorry, Paladin."

Danse's POV
Outstanding.

Now I look like an asshole. Seeing the smile flee her face and the joy leave her eyes actually... hurt. I felt bad. She picked up the wrenches her brother gave her; a good looking stocky man; and got out her laser rifle, holding it lazily as she led the way. She only led for training purposes, obviously, but she was walking faster than normal.

I debated as to whether or not I should apologize. She wasn't usually so laid back on missions like this. Or at all. It was actually sort of pleasant to see her willingly being herself around me. Now I truly felt bad. Maybe she was becoming greater friends with me, and I'd shut her down. I cleared my throat.

Your POV
Danse cleared his throat, "Soldier, I apologize if what I said offended you. I didn't mean to cut you short." I turned my head back to the path in front of me. He gently grabbed my elbow, and I looked at him, him looking down, "I understand that I must screwdrive you crazy, but I wanted to stop you and say that I, uhm..." He blushed, "I like your laugh. A lot. And I love hearing it, but out here, I wanted you to watch your P's and Q's because I don't know what I'd do if you were injured because of your relaxation on the field."

I chuckled at his not-to-shabby puns, "It's okay, Danse. I understand. You nailed it."

Author's Note
Hope you enjoyed!! Any requests??