Preston Garvey ➵ Tired

Preston Garvey
Fallout 4
Warning: Cursing

I lay on my bed messily, face first in the blankets, finally happy to get some rest

I lay on my bed messily, face first in the blankets, finally happy to get some rest. I heard a loud crash, and jumped up. I sighed, "Preston, you know I have a front door, right?"

"Yes, General, but the window is a shorter length and this is urgent!"

I already knew what he was going to say.

He stood up, dusting himself off, "Another settlement needs your help!"

I frowned, "The fuck they don't!" He seemed a bit taken aback, and I groaned, "Why do they always need my help! I'm not the Minutemen! There are other people you can send out! The least you could do is say another settlement needs our help instead of putting all that shit on me, y'know? Why do you do that? Is it because you hate me? If you do, you can just tell me to leave instead of sending me away over and over."

I had turned my back to him, and now stood with crossed arms, looking out of the window. He stayed silent, and I blushed, rethinking the words from my outburst. I didn't regret them, though. They were all from the mind. Preston came and stood next to me, "I didn't know you felt that way Y/N."

This was the first time I'd ever heard him say my name. This was the first time I'd ever heard him call me something besides 'General'. It felt good. Rejuvenating. He spoke again, "If you needed rest, you could have simply told me, and I would have allowed it. I will send Piper and a few other's out to do the job." He put a hand on my shoulder, and I tensed up, looking at him before calming again. His eyes filled with a joyous warmth, and I felt myself melt a little. He spoke, "I could never hate you. I feel... quite the opposite actually."

"Really?"

"Really."

Author's Note
Hope you enjoyed!! Any requests??