DiMA ➵ Family

DiMA
Fallout 4
Warning: Cursing

"Say that again and I swear to God I'll snip every one of those damn wires keeping you alive

"Say that again and I swear to God I'll snip every one of those damn wires keeping you alive."

DiMA looked at the wires trailing from his back, "Those do not keep me alive. Those only transfer my memories to the vast space that is called-"

"Look, I don't care what it's called, but you need to learn to watch your fuckin' mouth."

"Ah. Irony. You humans are quite the conundrum. And what I said was not spoken to invoke anger. I apologize."

"Damn right you apologize! Saying 'maybe its good they died.' I had my heart broken, and just when I thought you'd fixed it, you say that!"

DiMA was trying to be sweet, saying that without my spouse's death, I wouldn't be here because I would have been reasonably happy enough to stay in one place. He was right, in a way, and I understood that. Still, what good comes from rejoicing in another's death. I plopped in DiMA's chair, and he stood in front of me, "I am sorry. Truly. I know what it is like... to have family one moment and stolen the next."

I looked to him, my anger trickling, "You're talking about Nick, aren't you?"

"Yes. Did you ever have any siblings? Before the 'war'?"

I shrugged a shoulder, "Yes, no, what difference does it make? I'm probably the only living person from that era besides a few ghouls."

"Oh. Well, we have each other, and that is a new comfort in and of itself."

I smiled, "Yeah I guess you're right."

Author's Note
Hope you enjoyed!! Any requests??