Deacon ➵ Safe

Deacon
Fallout 4
Warning: Cursing

I sobbed, rocking back and forth with my knees to my chest

I sobbed, rocking back and forth with my knees to my chest. I sat on a couch at HQ. The other Railroad agents continued their work quietly as sobs ripped through my lungs. No one spoke. To keep the Institute thinking I was on their side, I had to let a Synth die. I just now had the chance to let my emotions free. I screamed sobs. Deacon sat next to me awkwardly. He was there with me when it all happened. The man wrapped an arm around me, pulling me to his chest. I cried, ripping the lump from my throat, "I couldn't do it. I couldn't save him... he's dead I couldn't save him. I couldn't save him. He died. I couldn't save him." I sounded like a crazy person-- speaking through sobs.

I pulled my knees closer and buried my face in my folded arms. Deacon pulled me nearer, now wrapping both arms around me, "It was inevitable. He would have died either way. His death will save hundreds of other Synths in the future." I sobbed uncontrollably. Dez looked over her shoulder, looked at Deacon, and glared, "Deacon. The Railroad and it's members have no time for-"

"Shut up."

Dez seemed to choke a little, "Watch your tone-"

Deacon's gaze was ice and his words dripped like poison, "Dez. Shut. The fuck. Up."

Dez's eyes widened a little. Glory came over, sitting next to me as well. She pat my back like an older sister, "Yeah, Dez... We've asked her to do a lot... She deserves a break."

My eyes dried a little at the thought of people standing up for me. I leaned into Deacon heavily. He closed his eyes and sympathized with me. I sobbed into his chest. I finally composed myself enough to stretch my limbs out. Deacon pulled away a little, leaving his arms loosely around me, "Are you alright?"

I sighed, composing myself, "I'll be fine. I have to get used to it. If I want to do the greater good and whatnot, there will be a few deaths along the way."

His eyes held heavy pity. He sighed, leaned in, and pushed his lips to mine. Desdemona turned, "Deacon!"

Glory cut her off dangerously, "Dez. Don't. Let them be for a moment." Deacon smiled a little into the kiss, winding his lips with mine. His arms pulled me closer and his tongue wrestled mine until I felt like I couldn't breathe. He pulled away and stood up, wiping his bottom lip as he stared at Dez, "Won't happen again." He walked off, giving me a cheeky wink over his shoulder.

Author's Note
Hope you enjoyed!! Any requests??