Dean Domino ➵ Talent

Dean Domino
Fallout New Vegas
Warning: None

I walked down the hallway, looking both ways before darting left

I walked down the hallway, looking both ways before darting left. I went to Dean's door, holding a pamphlet in my hand. Fist raised to knock, I paused. Frozen, I put my ear to the door.

A loud, vocal voice projected elegantly, but with a tune of jazz that held so much feeling, it could vibrate my bones. It went on for a while before it went down to a hum and neared the door. I quickly backed up and watched as Dean opened the door, staring at me with a raised brow behind his sunglasses. I blushed, "Hey, Dean. Didn't think you had such a voice anymore."

He looked at me above the rim of his glasses, and shut his door behind him, walking by my side down the hall, "Oh? Well, yes, I may not have been able to hold my looks as much, but my voice is still perfectly intact. Good thing, too. Voice might very well be the last thing I've got."

I frowned, "You mean from the Old-World?"

"Ah... the 'Old World'? That's a new one. But yes. I suppose I have this place as well, but... it's not truly mine. Wasn't when the world ended, anyways." I stayed on his heels like a hound as he walked to the bar. He made us both a drink and sat next to me, "What was it you came to my door for?"

"I just wanted to show you a pamphlet I found." I waved the matter away, "That doesn't matter though. I heard you singing."

He spluttered into his drink before breaking out in a coughing fit, "Ah... yes... that only seems to be just now registering in my mind, though you commented on it... You, uh, didn't happen to hear the words, did you?"

"I wasn't listening to the words... Just your voice."

Dean sighed, "That's the problem. Was problematic then, and is now. Nobody listens to the words, don't you agree?"

I shrugged, "I suppose. Why did you ask? Was there something I was supposed to hear?"

He chuckled nervously, "No, nothing, my dear. A simple tune was all there was. Just humming off what popped into my mind." He finished his drink, and stood, putting his hands in his pockets, "I, uh... Have got to go."

I frowned, "Go where? It's not like you have anywhere to be. Unless...?"

He shook his head, "No. I don't plan on leaving anytime in the near future. I'm just going to... shower..."

I furrowed my brows at him, "If you say so."

He returned to his room, and I followed from a distance, hopping on his bed and falling asleep to the combined sound of his voice, and the pounding of the water projected from the shower head.

Author's Note
Hope you enjoyed!! Any requests??