Deacon ➵ Hunt

Deacon
Fallout 4
Warning: Cursing

"Deacon! Pull your head out of your ass for once! These guys are smarter than they look!"

"That still doesn't make them very smart!"

Me and Deacon were jogging, shooting our guns behind us at some Raiders. I pointed down an alleyway that and up, "Deacon! Break right! I'll go left!"

He gave a nod, and upon getting to the turn, we darted seperate ways, hoping to run around and flank the drugged out men. I ran past the back of the building, peeking it to see the Raiders looking around in confusion, trying to decide who to come after. I watched in frustration as Deacon popped his head back out, insulted the men, then bolted. Fuming, they ran after him, and I mentally face-palmed. Guess I have to save his overconfident ass again. Oh well. At least I can make fun of him for it later.

I scanned my surroundings, trying to figure something out. Seeing a ladder, I climbed it, scrambling to the top of the building and looking around for the Raiders and the cocky son-of-a-bitch that I called my boyfriend. I readjusted my grip on my sniper, looking down the scope to try to find the group. I finally found hem, and growled lowly. They had surrounded him, and he had his hands up weakly and a nervous smile on his lips as he tried to keep a cool outward appearence. He clearly failed. I shot two of the Raiders before they knew what happened, but shooting the third and fourth guys was a tad tougher.

Gripping the outside of the ladder, I slid down, walking to where Deacon was and going from corpse to corpse, feeling dead pulses and taking left caps and pocketing them. Deacon sighed contently, "Ah, more kills to my name."

"You literally didn't kill anyone. C'mon. We need to get back to Sanctuary before Preston sends people out after us."

I walked by him, and he scrambled after me, "What? Do I not get to kiss my knight in saving armor?"

I scoffed, "That's usually what happens when the princess is saved. And you're certainly a drama queen." I smiled deviously, "Can't wait to tell the fellas at home that I had to save your ass." I put on a fake theatrical voice, "And my dear partner, the Dick, as we call him, was surrounded by four men! Maybe twelve! And alas, from a rooftop, I saved the dear soul just in the knick of time!"

I faked claps and cheers, and Deacon blushed, "Yeah... I think it's better if we just... keep this between us, don't you think?"

I leaned over, laughing, "Oh? What? You embarrassed about nearly getting your ass killed then being saved by a frozen TV dinner? Suck it up, pal, I'm telling everyone. It'll teach you to not be so cocky and to not get into situations you can't get out of."

"But one of the things you love about me is my co-"

"Deacon, please just promise me you'll be more careful from now on. Promise me that, and we can keep this between us."

"Fine. I promise."

I knew he would just break the promise, as usual, but I didn't mind. I was gonna go behind his back and say that I saved his ass, and he was gonna go behind mine and be stupid. It was our fair system of romance, and it kept us together. I elbowed him gently, "You were so scared. I was worried you were gonna piss your pants."

He blushed, looking away from me, "Oh please. I knew you'd save me."

"How'd you know that?"

"Because you love me." He said it naggingly, sticking his tongue out, but that only proved his point further. I really did love him.

Author's Note
Hope you enjoyed!! Any requests??