Nick Valentine ➵ Memory Den

Nick Valentine
Fallout 4
Warning: Cursing

I rubbed the back of my head, trying to massage a headache away

I rubbed the back of my head, trying to massage a headache away. I was still suffering from some minor side effect from what's-her-faces stupid egg machine thingie. Sure, it helped out a whole bunch, but man the headaches were almost not worth finding my son.

Chances were he didn't know me, so what was the point in finding him? He was probably dead anyways. I stood up, leaning against a wall so I wouldn't pass out. I closed my eyes, took in a deep breath, and made my way around my home at home plate in Diamond City. I looked to the door, seeing Nick's trenchcoat on its hook. Must be making breakfast or something. I walked into the kitchen, and saw him in his white blouse, sleeves down, cleaning out his pistol.

Something was definitely wrong here. He never had his blouse sleeves loose. He always rolled hem up because when they were loose, they distracted him because they got caught on things. I frowned, "Hey... Nick...?"

He turned around, and something was definitely off. The deep yellow hue of his eyes was now a stone cold ice blue. And they didn't have emotion. He held the polished gun in his hand, and I kept my eyes glued to it. He spoke, "I outta shoot you. For killing me. Nothing you can do now. No way in hell you'd hurt your new lover's body. Even though it can be replaced with a few pieces of scrap metal."

I stayed still, "Kellogg? Is that you? What the hell! I thought Amari got you out of his head!"

"Well, guess she lied, good-lookin'. I'm still here, and very very active. Going through Nick's memories is rather invigorating. You two really show each other love, huh?"

"Yes. We do. Get the fuck out of his body you psychopath!"

"Make me."

He locked the muscles in his elbow, holding the gun out. I stared into his pale blue eyes, trying to find a trace of Nick. He had to be fighting with Kellogg in there. God, he better hurry up and win. I watched with waiting eyes as his eyes flickered before turning back to their warm gold hue that I knew and loved. I realeased a breath, and Nick leaned back against the counter, looking at the gun in his hand, "Damn... he... he took over again, didn't he?"

"Again? Has this happened more than once, Nick?"

He tossed the gun on the counter before unbuttoning, then rolling, his sleeves, "Yeah... I've... Uh... tended to black out sometimes. Wasn't sure why until now."

I quickly encased him in a hug, "Good god, Nick. You scared the shit out of me. We can take you to Doctor Amari and get you fixed up, if you'd like."

"No, no. She's good with human brains but... what's the name of that Minutemen friend of yours?"

"Sturges?"

"Yeah, he's real good with machines. Get him and Amari. That way I'll feel... safer about the whole thing."

Author's Note
Hope you enjoyed!! Any requests??