Robert MacCready ➵ Duncan

Robert MacCready
Fallout 4
Warning: Smut

I looked over my shoulder, shouting towards Duncan's room, "Duncan what do you want for lunch?"

I heard his feet pad on the hardwood floor as he entered the kitchen, hopping up on a barstool with one of his father's old comics I'd bought him when we first met. He shrugged, "I dunno."

For a seven year old, he was incredibly indifferent to more than he should be. I opened the fridge, "We have... let's see... Deacon managed to get some Radstag, somehow. You want any of that?"

"That's gross because it has Deacon germs on it now. Do we have any orange juice?"

I poured him a glass and slid it to him. He sipped, and opened his comic, reading from where he left off, "When will daddy be home?"

I checked the clock on the oven, "About an hour. He went out hunting with Hancock. Why?"

"Because I wanted to talk to you."

I grabbed a water bottle and pulled up a chair, slightly worried, "What's the matter?"

He shrugged, still reading his comic, "Do you think you and Daddy can have a baby?"

I spluttered into my drink, choking and pounding a fist to my chest to clear it up. It didn't help. I swallowed thickly after catching my breath, "Why do you...? Why do you want me and daddy to do that?"

He shrugged, looking up to make sure I survived my coughing fit before sipping his juice and going back to reading, "Because I want a little brother. Or a sister I guess."

I thought for a second, "Have you told your dad about this?"

He shook his head, "No, because he might say no. So I asked you because you're cool."

I chuckled, "Well, what do you want me to do about that? Do you want me to talk to him about it when he gets home?"

"Yeah!" He hopped from his chair, and smiled at me sweetly, "And can I stay the night at Shaun's?"

I didn't really trust Shaun too much, but I was good friends with his mother, and knew that she wouldn't let anything hurt my boy, and hers, especially after going through so much pain herself. I looked to him, then outside the window, "Go pack a bag and we'll go down the street and see if it's okay with his mother."

We worked out a drop off time for the next day, and the boys ran off happily to go play with a cool new toy truck Shaun's mom found for him. I bid her off and walked home, deep in thought.

I opened the front door and closed it behind me, seeing MacCready raiding the pantry. He saw me and sighed, giving me a quick kiss before going back to looking for food, "You should start leaving notes whenever you leave. Paranoia been getting to me lately." He looked over my shoulder, "Where's Duncan?"