Chapter FourtyOne

"Radio base!" Asia shouted, as she carried Skye's body as best she could onto the Bus, not wanting to drop her, or allow her to get more hurt than she already was. More bruises had bloomed over her friend's skin like roses, covering every inch of her bare arms. "We need Jemma on the phone, Skye is hurt!" The panic was clear and painful in her voice as May rushed to the comms, quickly tuning into the correct frequency and radioing the Playground.

Skye was still out like a light, and Asia was worried as hell. She could feel the space closing in around them, tightening like a fist. Her lungs felt tight, like she couldn't get enough oxygen. Oxygen. She knew it was probably from Skye's body coping with whatever pain she was in, but being passed out for too long could be detrimental to ones health.

They had laid Skye down on one of the long couches and Asia had put a damp cloth on her forehead. While the flight was fast, it seemed like it had lasted forever. Asia had spent every moment sitting by her best friend's side, watching her, tracking her vitals, recording every change so she could provide Jemma with as much information as needed.

So she could make sure her friend made it out of this okay. So she could make sure her friend didn't get locked in a vault somewhere, never to see the light of day again. She felt partially responsible for what had happened. It was like Skye getting shot all over again.

When the plane finally, a wave of relief washed over the Agent. When the ramp slowly lowered and Leo was standing there, waiting with Jemma, Asia practically barreled into him, her arms wrapping tightly around him in the fiercest of hugs. And he held her back, rocking her just slightly. He knew she was remembering Ian Quinn. He knew it was all coming back. Because he knew her, he knew how she worked, almost too well. And he knew right now she needed him, more than she had in a few weeks.

"Are you alright?" He asked her quietly, whispering just to her as he rubbed gently on her back.

"Skye. Skye is-" she began, but he cut her off, pulling back and looking at her grey eyes.

"I didn't ask how Skye was, I'm asking about you," he said calmly, watching her closely. He could practically see her walls falling behind her eyes.

"I'm okay," she replied. "Really. I'm just worried. But my powers are under control, so that's a big relief," she nodded. "And I'm not going back in that cell, not if I have a choice. Not now."

"With the progress you've made, I'm hoping the same thing," he admitted. "We've been watching. Erm. Obviously, you already know that," he ran a hand anxiously for his short curls. "And everyone has seen your improvement. So, if Coulson agrees, I think it's time." He held her shaking hands gently in his own, and once everyone was out of line of sight, he pressing her finger tips ever so softly to his lips.

She smiled up at him. Of course Leo was able to make her feel safe, even in the worst of times. He was a constant, in their ever wavering world. And she was so damn thankful, so thankful she didn't have words. They would talk with Coulson later, after Skye was awake and everything was okay again. And she would be sleeping in her own bed again tonight, she was sure if it.

"There's that smile," he grinned at her, "Been missing seeing that around," he pulled her close and pressed his lips to her forehead, heat radiating throughout her body as she was overwhelmed by him. By Leo, her Leo. "Now, let's go check on Simmons, see if she needs any help with Skye." He knew she would want to help, she knew that it would help her take some of the blame off of herself.

So the two made their way to the Lab, watching as Jemma worked carefully inside, reading over the notes Asia had scrawled on the plane, eyeing Skye's vitals. She jotted something down on a pad of paper, then nodded at another doctor as they handed her a splint, one which had been sized precisely to fit Skye's arm. Asia watched from behind a pane of glass, every moment lasting as long as an eternity for her. She thought the time would never end, and the only anchor pulling her through was the weight of Leo's hand wresting on her waist.