Chapter Eighteen

"Alright guys, no need to bring the whole armory with you," Coulson strutted into the cargo hold after they touched down, waving away at their weapons. "Seriously, leave the guns. Even you, Monroe. This is a stop and drop mission, nothing more, nothing less." He sighed, holding out an item in each hand. "Skye, this watch is for you, take it to Cam, the owner of the Kahananui Repair Shop. You're going to need to have it engraved. "Dearest Darren, I count the seconds we're apart. Love, your Island Flower," understood?"

"Roger that," Skye said, giving him a mock salute. "Anything else?"

"Not just a watch so...if it smells funny, smokes, leaks anything...just drop it and run," Coulson replied flatly, giving her an answer she wasn't entirely expecting. She gave the watch a second look, gripping it between her thumb and forefinger, concerned.

"Trip," Coulson continued, handing him a a small pile of coins, "This one is for you. Take it to the dry cleaners on Ka Pua dry cleaners on Makamoimo Street. They'll know exactly what to do with it. And while you're there, pick up an order for Bob Swanson, I'll need it once you return."

He turned to Asia and sighed. "No special delivery for you. Just grab the moped and take Skye wherever she needs to go. And enjoy the sun. Maybe take some photos, it'll make May jealous." He gave her a wink. He wasn't the only one to notice she was slowly coming out of her shell these past few weeks. If anywhere could get the agent to relax a little bit, it would be here, on the island. Where it was warm, and sunny, and practically everyone was happy. He pulled a small, modern Polaroid camera and slapped it into her hand. "About time you add some more pictures to your wall, after all." She said nothing, but nodded in return.

"Alright, but none of you take too long. We have to be wheels up in 40 if we want to make our date tonight," Coulson clapped his hands together, as the agents dispersed, then turned to face Fitz. Asia hung back in the doorway for a moment, watching silently. "I'm sure you're wondering why you're with on this mission. I know you've been wanting to get back into the field again, so I'm giving you a chance." He walked over to the wall and picked up a small, black suitcase, walking back towards Fitz and setting it on a table next to him, flipping open the locks, glancing at the scientist as he did so.

"That's...um, that's a transceiver, yes?" Fitz said hesitantly, putting his index finger to his lip and tapping the pad about his skin. He used to work with these all the time, back before...back before everything that had happened.

"Yes, good job," Coulson said with a small smile. "Now, I'm going to need you to install this, in the field. Possibly during a combat scenario, which we can never rule out. And you'll only have six minutes to complete it. Do you think this is something you can manage?"

"I...um," he began, biting his lower lip. "I only have one hand that works good, you know that right?" He furrowed his brow looking up at Coulson.

"I never said it was going to be easy. If you want back in, this is how," Coulson nodded. "You're going to have to practice over and over until you have it. Use your muscle memory, you've done this hundreds of times before. Once you start doing it again, your hands will recognize the pattern, the actions."

"Understood," Fitz said with a nod, placing his hands on his hips. He would just practice. He'd dedicate his time to this machine until they landed wherever they needed to be. He had to have faith in himself that he could manage by then.

"Good," Coulson replied, "Now I'll be in my office upstairs if you need me. Once everyone is back, you can all meet me up there." He straightened out his jacket and nodded at Fitz once more, before heading up the spiral stairs and disappearing from view. It was at this time that Asia stepped quietly into the room, arms crossed across her chest protectively, as if she were giving herself a hug.