Chapter Nineteen

The touchdown was light and gentle, not that Agent Monroe would expect anything less from Agent Triplet. Rough landings weren't really his style. They had even had competitions back in Ops about who could grease the most landings. Asia smiled to herself as she glanced out the window. Some things really never did change.

It was dark outside as the team suited up, putting on their bullet proof bests and black clothes. Now was the time for stealth, not combat. Skye would be staying behind, to work with a small team of techies on getting intel from the satellite once the base in Hawaii went down. Trip and Asia would provide backup, as Coulson would find the place for Leo to preform his task, which, as expected, he had down to a science. He could finish installing it in under six minutes, with ease. Asia had watched him, quietly, from her seat. And when he finally had achieved his goal, he had looked over at her and flashed her this grin that had made her heart practically beat right out of her chest. She had never thought he could look at her like that again.

But she didn't have time to think about that, as she adjusted the straps of her Velcro, and bent down to grab her wristlets. She slipped one over each arm, then began the arduous process of tying the tiny fasteners. Everything was more difficult with only one hand, after all. Suddenly, there was a small tap on her shoulder. Stopping, she looked behind her, and found Leo standing there, finger raised in the air still. "What's up?" she asked quietly, almost afraid to look him in the eye.

"Um, your hands," he muttered quietly, indicating to her wrist weapons. "Need help?" he asked, tentatively, afraid she might say no. He bit his lower lip, looking down at her wrist devices, then back up at her, hopeful. As difficult as things had been between them, he had never wanted her to disappear, never wanted her to leave him, never wanted to disappear in on herself. And yes, perhaps her attitude, her coldness, had mad his recovery harder. But he would much rather have her back with him, if it was his choice. He didn't like to admit it, but he did still love her. Maybe not the abrasive, dark, hiding version of her, but he tried to love that to. He had tried and tried, and she had left him out in the cold. Until today. Today, something had seemed to have changed.

She blinked up at him, stunned. She felt like an idiot, probably looked like a deer in headlights. Then, she slowly nodded, raising her hands up so he could tie the laces for her.

Delicately, he tied the small ties, personally garunteeing that each one was fastened tightly. "There you go," he said, stepping back and scrutinizing his work. "Wouldn't want those falling off in the field." He managed to give her a small smile, before walking over to grab his suitcase with the matierals he needed inside.

"Alright team," Coulson announced. "We've got a very limited time frame here when this satellite network goes down. Let's roll out." The Trojan Horse was in place, just as planned. The watch Skye and delivered, as well as the button Trip had dropped off. The two separate men would be wearing them today, and once they came in contact, an emp would short out the base in Hawaii, triggering the remote base in Australia to come on line.

"Fitz," he continued. "How is the transponder coming along?" He stared at the scientist, hoping this really was the task Fitz had needed to get back into the field. If he was wrong...this whole mission needed to be scrapped.

"Oh yea, Um, got it down to 7 minutes and 22 seconds, sir," Fitz replied, picking up the small suitcase. As he looked up, Coulson took a few steps closer to him.

"That's not good enough," Coulson said calmly, even though he could feel a small sweat forming on his palms.

"Oh yea, no," Leo shook his head, glancing over his shoulder at Asia and grinning. "That's just using my bad hand. If I use both I can do it. No problem." He nodded at Coulson, before walk-in down the ramp to meet Trip.