Chapter TwentyEight

New part is up! Can't wait to hear your thoughts:) 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leo had run once the lightbulb in Skye's room had exploded from the exploded. He had explained he knew something was wrong with the two of them, Skye had lost control, and now Asia was crying small tears of ice, hiding them in the trash can as soon as they fell. As much as she wanted to say everything was fine, this was far, far from it.

He knew. Leo knew. And he hadn't stayed to comfort her, make sure she was okay, he had run. She knew that no one could ever know, and now the one person who meant most to her had disappeared. She was proud of herself the only thing coming from her was the ice tears, but that was still too much. Her heart was shattering.

But that didn't mean they could stop doing damage control. She looked over at her friend in the glass beside her. Thankfully the only thing destroyed was the lightbulb in her large, standing lamp. Skye, on the other hand, also looked pretty worse for the wear. She was sitting on the floor, knees hugged tightly to her chest, rocking just ever so slightly. Asia wanted nothing more than to be able to hug her, but that wasn't in the cards for them. Quietly, she knelt down on the floor by the glass and tried something.

She closed her eyes and pictured a small, singular, line of ice crawling along the floor towards her friend, so small it would go unnoticed by anyone to walk in. She pictured the little river of ice sliding over the one hand of Skye's that was resting on the floor, almost as if it were holding her. When she opened her eyes, Skye was looking over at her. Asia looked at the floor, and saw exactly what she had tried to imagine, albeit a tad more jagged than she had hoped for. But Skye was giving her the smallest, slightly shocked smile. "We're in this together, no matter what," Asia said to her, standing up from the floor. "Now let's get that glass picked up."

Skye nodded and stumbled back to her feet. "Yea, yea you're right,"she murmured. "Let me just find um, a rag or something." She began to rummage around her room. A part of Skye was slightly resentful. Asia, afterall, had just controlled that ice, somehow. How could she be so calm? Not letting this get to her. Skye hadn't noticed the icy tears, of course. She had been busy, trying to calm her own self down. She tried to push the thought out of her head. Now was not the time for jealousy, not when Fitz could be telling everyone their darkest secrets.

"What are you going to do about him?" Skye asked, as she bent down and began scraping at the glass, trying to get it into the hand cloth she held onto, scratching her palms as she did so, drawing a bit of blood. She looked up at Asia, who appeared lost in thought for a moment.

"I don't know," Asia admitted, finally, as she sat down on the edge of her cot, defeated. She clasped her hands in her lap, staring at them. "I really, really don't. I'm sure he thinks....well. I don't even want to think about it. I can't imagine he thinks anything good about me now." She sighed and looked up at Skye, when suddenly May and Jemma came strutting into the room. Skye quickly tucked her hand behind her back, hiding the glass and blood.

"Hey, just came by for a quick check in," May said, a ghost of a smile on her thin lips as she stopped in front of their doors. As she studied the two girls, her smile fell. There was something....off. "Is...everything okay?" She asked calmly, looking them each in the eye in turn.

"Just a long day," Asia cut in. "Everyone fighting, its hard...especially when you can't do anything to stop it," she shrugged, chewing on her lower lip. She wanted to take all of the attention off Skye, keep her friend as calm as possible. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw the tiniest bit of frost appear on the lower corner of her glass.