Chapter forty nine

Annetta's POV

Communication was always the first solution to a problem. It helped rule out misunderstandings and made a situation less complicated. If I understood this, and everyone else in the room, why was it so hard for us to do such thing?

I snapped out of a reverie when Tony's informative voice penetrated my ear, but a second later, I felt a small push, like as if somebody besides me pushed my arm to earn my attention. I glance over my shoulder to meet with Leo's concerned gaze, when I face him, he question me with a raised chin.

"Are you alright?" He whispered,

"Yeah." I clear my throat, trying to conceal my thoughts as it seemed like Leo was the only one that had caught on. As I look away, my eyes caught him and immediately, adrenaline rushed to my veins.

He sat across the room, far away from me, focused on Tony's words like as if he was in a school lesson. He didn't look at me, and he hasn't ever since that conversation we had. He didn't seem bothered too, he just didn't acknowledge me and for some reason, it really bothered me.

"Annetta, you understand what your role is here?" Dante called me out and I snapped back to reality again. "It's very important that you know this."

"Yeah..." I say, "I'm going to be driving."

"And?" He further adds. I blink at Dante and shrug my shoulders, only making him frustrated. "You're supposed to keep a look out, and inform us."

"Inform you of what?" I pipe, "This is ridiculous, give me a real job to do Dante, I am not sitting in a car, watching like a bitch."

Not a single person spoke a word to respond to my demand, instead, they all turn their eyes to Fabio who seemed to be quiet. I follow their glance and as I turn my gaze to Fabio, I realised that there was a reason why I had a mundane part to this job and immediately, I scoffed.

"Okay, I'm out." I chuckle dryly, "You have plenty of men to chauffeur you around and watch your back." I stand up and head for the door, all of them, including Fabio watched me. Dante stood up from his seat and tried to stop me but I was too ignorant to even listen to him all because of my anger that stemmed from Fabio. "Arrivederci."

As I storm away from the office, I wondered how it was futile of me to even attend their discussions because Fabio always makes sure I was involved as little as possible. Frustration brews in my body because the motherfùcker wasn't even speaking to me too, it was hard to even think about anything.

After a couple of hours of relaxing from the heated anger, I finally decide to face the biggest Lombardi bitch that I happen to unfortunately be left with.

I make my way to his room, even though I had no idea where he was. I felt bothered, something was bothering me and I couldn't tell what. It's been a couple of hours since I've encountered him, the fact that we haven't really spoken about yesterday made me feel uncertain. I wanted to talk to him, see his face, hear his voice and through his silent treatment, I wasn't getting what I wanted.

When I reached his room, I was met with darkness. Exactly what I imagine every time I picture him. He was like an enigma. The lamp on the side of his bed lights up a corner of the room and I noticed how cold it was in here. I shudder, my teeth chatter for a second. I shut my eyes as I stand at the door and inhale his cologne. I could smell him, even if he wasn't in here.

I open my eyes and search for him because I knew he was here. I enter the room and see a silhouette in the corner of my eyes. I turn my head towards the patio and find him standing on his patio in the cold. Facing his back towards me, smoke billows from his face, indicating that he was smoking.