Chapter six

Fabio's POV

For months we have been after one thing and one thing only, death.

A specific death that would put an end to this, one that will keep our mind at ease. The same one that would help me feel accomplished.

Destefano caused a lot of damage to my family for years and years. He and Constantino, my father had this feud that began when Dante, Tony and I first joined the mafia and it was still ongoing. He ruined his own daughter's life and now, wants her back. As I contemplate his audacity and actions, my face falls into my hands and begins to search for comfort as my hand rubs away the tension in my temples.

My thoughts were cut short when the door to my room opened, I pull away from my hand and glance at the person and instantly, I felt calm.

"Andiamo, dobbiamo essere da qualche parte."

As I watch him, I begin to contemplate how he managed to keep up with this for so long. Dante stood in front of me with both hands in his pockets, dressed in a clean white shirt and a pair of black slacks. His hair was combed back which meant he showered and it disappointed me for a second because I wasn't ready for the day yet as I have not yet showered. I had a long night, I was shattered.

", I'm coming. I need to shower, I'll join you there."

"No Fabio, we're going together." Dante replies sternly, I glance back at him and wait for him to speak once again. "This is Constantino we have to deal with and I'm not doing it on my own."

For a fleeting moment, I felt like giving up but I remembered that that's not what we do. We fight, even if we feel like there is no way out. Constantino has been our priority for months on end, we aimed to keep him safe because Destefano really wants him dead. At the moment, Constantino's whereabouts are currently unknown to the world, Dante and I move him around time to time on Madres orders. Although Constantino caused a lot for our family, our mother forgives him like how she does all the time.

"Okay," I sigh, "give me ten minutes."

After a moment of freshening myself up, I join Dante in the foyer where we decided that it was time to leave. We were informed that we would meet Tony and Julián there as part of the safety for Constantino as we did not want to draw much attention. Since Mario's treachery, nobody could be trusted. We're extra caution with who we recruit and who we acknowledge because it would cost our family, just like what happened a few months ago, when Mario attempted to kill Dante.

Once we arrived to our destination, I began to survey the area. The place was pretty nice, relaxing and too nice for Constantino. He didn't deserve this luxury as he claims, he deserves to live a miserable life. When Dante and I met eye contact, he immediately knew what I was thinking and so, shook his head indicating for me to hold back my tongue.

"Figlio, you've arrived."

As my hands remain in my pockets, I search the area as soon as I heard the voice. Both Dante and I turn our heads towards the direction the voice came from and was faced with our mother who walks towards us with both her arms open for us.

"Madre," I say while Dante and I simultaneously embrace her, "are you keeping well?"

", I'm well figlio." She replies as I lean closer to her cheek and kiss it. She caresses my face before she turned her attention to Dante, "how is your daughter Dante? And Adriana? I will be visiting soon, when I know it's safe."

"Certo mamma, tutto quello che ho tempo è dovuto. Dante replies, "Now, where are we going with this? Is it necessary for us to be here?"

Mom watched Dante incredulously as she shakes her head, she then turned to face me but I immediately look away.