Chapter twenty one

Annetta's POV

Hate was such a strong word.

So was love.

But hate is such a strong word. Especially when it's the only emotion running through your body, constantly. 24/7. Non-stop.

Fucking hate him.

I reached the doctors office in silence with Fabio by my side and throughout my journey, my body was burning. My skin crawled having him so close to me in proximity. My jaw ached each time I clenched as I thought about the process to harm him, it only satisfied me. It justified my thoughts, my sudden urges and feelings.

"Get in."

Fabio rested his large palm on my spine and pushed me in. I snapped out of dwam and realise that we've reached the doctor office in a short span of time, which had me wondering that the Lombardi's had every possible services to exist. It wasn't surprising, it was interesting. Of course they'd have everything, it's in their ability to afford everything. They were the mafias, money makers and spenders, killers. Killers. All mafias are killers. Sad reality.

Why is it sad?

I don't know.

Although I resented him, his touch sent a chill to my spine and my skin was ambushed with goosebumps. It was nothing but an overwhelming sense of hatred. I felt my ears burning when the tip of his fingers pressed down hard onto my skin, leaving a dull ache for quite some time. A scowl reached my face as I plod away from him. It should make me feel sick, his touch should be revolting but it only made my core pulsate because it reminded me of the multiple ways he would have his way with me. He was a devil. Like an Incubus.

After we introduced ourselves, Dr Araldo completes a physical examination which took half an hour of my day. Throughout the examination, Fabio sat behind the thin paper curtain while I was naked on the bed, with only my bra and pants. Occasionally, I would glance at Dr Araldo's face as he examined my body and once, caught him in concern. His thick brows knitted together and his small lips pursed, it was obvious he was worried even when his beard practically concealed his whole lips. Was there something wrong with me? I wondered as silence accompanied us. It was uncomfortable, laying half naked on a bed while an old man checked my body but it was part of the procedure.

It was definitely normal.

After the half an hour was up, I was done. The second Dr Araldo permitted me to get dressed, I quickly reach for my clothes and put it on my body. A moment later, he summons me to his desk where the devil waited for us. I make my way back to the desk with both my hand buried in my pockets. From the corner of my eyes, I could see him studying me.

"Cara, I want you to be perfectly honest with me. You have every right to speak, to me or to your husband." Dr Araldo rejoins, concern etched in every corner of his face. I feel my face slowly scrunching in as confusion takes over, my eyes train on Dr Araldo while I wait for him to continue. "If you'd like to speak alone, I can arrange that."

"I don't understand."

"During your physical examination, I have detected a few concerns. Trauma of the skin and body, internal bleeding, small lacerations.... finger print marks... all over... your body."

Realisation rushed to me and immediately, I blanch at Dr Araldo, loss of words, my tongue was definitely tied. My face dropped as Dr Araldo watched me with concern before he glances at Fabio, who I didn't even look at right now. What the fuck do I say? He had every right to be concerned of me because this man had now idea what Fabio does. Of course my body would be bruised and probably battered because Fabio can't keep his fucking hands to himself. The way he touched me always left a pain but I never thought it would leave a physical mark. It was something that occurs regularly however, since we are putting up with a facade that Fabio and I are so in love with each other, Dr Araldo could not acknowledge the real reason why my body was crawling with bruises and Fabio's finger prints.