Chapter forty four

Annetta's POV

Peace.

Peace is something I want for a moment, maybe even for five minutes. But that seemed impossible under the Lombardi roof.

When I was told to be ready by six in the evening, I had several questions. First being, what was the occasion? I didn't want to leave the estate today because I decided that instead of heading out somewhere, I was going to catch up on sleep. I was sleep deprived, my body was weeping for sleep. Getting ahead of myself, I really thought I could get away with this. When I returned to my room to lay down, I thought I walked into a walk-in closet.

Racks of dresses were aligned in one side of my room while the bed was occupied with makeup. Tons of it. I curse under my breath, scrutinising everything I possible could from the entrance of my room. My stomach turned because my mind tricked me into thinking I'd get away with this. Although I knew what's about to happen, it still needed it to be registered in my brain in silence. I grasps my phone in my hand and step back to leave the room but as I did, I was immediately pushed back in.

"What the fuck." I mumble,

"Pick a dress, something simple and subtle. You have one hour to be ready, your car will be outside waiting for you. Do not be late."

"Leo?" I tutted, my brows snap into a huge furrow as I stare back at him. His formality annoyed me, which is why I snapped. He sensed my irritation and suddenly, smiled as if he noted what to address me for next time. "What the fuck is going on?"

"You were told to be ready for six." He informs, eyeing his watch that was attached to his wrists and then looks up at me. "You now have fifty-seven minutes."

"Leo! " I snap again, "What is going on? Where am I going?"

"I must not say Annetta. Just be ready, you car will be waiting for you downstairs."

After a short glimpse, Leo turned on his heel and walked away, leaving me in to wallow in pity. I frowned heavily as I watch his back, I hate my life so much. I wondered, questions ran across my mind as fatigue struck me but as it seems like I had no choice, I lazily reach for the door and close it. I begin to use the fifty seven minutes I had to prepare for fuck knows what!

While searching through the racks of dresses, I kept a mental note of Leo's instructions and convinced myself that I was not going to find a dress here. After a couple of moments of searching, I found the perfect dress.

It was simple and subtle.

I opted for a short black dress that wrapped around my body perfectly, outlining my hour-glass figure. My arms were covered as it was a long sleeved dress but it was also see through because the material was chiffon. My hands slide over my breasts, the dress held them nicely. My eyes leer over the neck line, it was a low V-cut, revealing a considerable amount of my chest. But I liked it, it was simple yet subtle. It made me feel confident.

After doing my makeup, which consisted of a little concealer underneath the eyes, highlight on my cheeks, mascara and lipgloss, I tie my hair in a low classy yet messy bun. I check the time and groan frustratedly, I had one minute left of the hour that Leo had given me. Surprisingly, he was not here. Usually, when I prepare myself for any event, Leo visits my room in the last half and hour to entertain me but today, he did not. I spray on a little perfume and grab a clutch bag, as I shove all my essential in. I reached for a pair of black pumps and frustratedly shove my feet inside each pump, clenching it by the heel.

"Merda."

Heading towards the foyer, I quickly walk but find nobody there, not even Leo. Presuming that he'd drive me to wherever I was going, I thought he'd be outside waiting for me. When I reached the front of the estate, I see a small black sports car parked in front of the estate. I stopped in my tracks and study the car. The ignition wasn't turned on because the car was silent however, as I slowly traipse my way toward the car, it roars and blinks to life. Someone was definitely inside of the car but I couldn't figure out who because the windows were tinted. The matte black car reached to life when the red brake lights appeared, I reached the car and stood next to it, scrutinising the car like I've never seen one before. But that wasn't the reasons, I was more curious as to who was inside the car and where the fuck I was going.