Chapter nine

Annetta's POV

"Remember, you go in and stick around for a little while, as soon as the premises is vacant, you attain the device and get out of there. I will be waiting for you in the getaway vehicle."

My hands run down my smooth satin cream dress that I decided to wear today as I sigh. I stood in front of the mirror and admire myself, this dress was absolutely gorgeous and it made me wonder why I never wear bright neutral colours before. Dark coloured clothing was always my favourite which was why I've always been wearing black or dark colours to occasions, however, since there was a theme for aesthetic today, we had to chose between baby pink and cream.

And I chose the most basic.

Simple yet basic.

Sophisticated and sexy.

The dress itself was a goddess, it was a backless spaghetti dress that ended just over my ankle. I was going to wear it with a pair of clear heels and one piece of jewellery, a diamond ear ring. My hair was straightened and then parted in the middle. Since I knew I would be doing a lot of running, I didn't think to do much to my hair as I could just pull it up in a messy bun.

"Are you listening to me dama?"

"What?" I snap as I glance over my shoulder and face Lorenzo who so badly wanted my attention.

"Did you listen to what I said?"

"Yes," I reply as I reach down for my heels, "I need to return to the room as soon as the estate is vacant and then leave with the device. You're going to be waiting for me outside."

"Bueno." He mumbles with satisfaction. Suddenly, I felt him near me. My legs tensed as I stand up again and when I did, I was just about to reach his height as now, I was wearing my heels. Lorenzo's hand barely touches my backside but I flinch a little, when I stood straight, he stood behind me and watched me through my reflection. "You look ravishing right now."

Lorenzo didn't look too bad himself, in fact he looked handsome. I couldn't believe I was saying this because he was the one to keep me most annoyed. He wore a black tuxedo and a black tie, everything about his attire was suspicious but that wasn't the problem here. At first, when I learned that Lorenzo would accompany me to this wedding as my plus one, I was caught off guard and I immediately protested. There was no way I was going to allow this man near my family but when he promised to behave, and threatened me once again, I had to comply.

It was going to be easy, he wouldn't get caught as none of the Lombardi members have seen him.

I snapped out of my reverie when Lorenzo began to caress his nose on the nape of my neck. He reached for my hair and gathered it together before pushing it to the other side. My stomach turns when his lips reached my skin and immediately, I pull away from him, causing him to growl.

"Lorenzo, I'd rather not." I say, Lorenzo stares at me for a moment before he leaned closer to me. His breath fanned my skin but I back away a little, steering away from him.

"I'm going to have you one day, and when that day comes, you will not refuse me." He grumbled under his breath, my jaw clenched as my core burned, his words were provoking me but I knew I didn't want this. I shouldn't want this at all because he was going to hurt my family.

Lorenzo glares at me for another moment before he pulls away and then storms off. Silence fell around me as I blink into oblivion, what the fuck just happened?

***

We arrive at the estate with everybody else and as soon as we reached here, anxiety scorched me. I was going to do this no matter what because I was capable but what worried me was the fact that Lorenzo was here with me today, and I didn't want to risk it all. I did not expect this many guests.