Chapter one

(Present)

Annetta's POV

"Ciao Annetta, call me back when you-"

An irritated grumble left my lips as I tumble through my apartment condo, releasing everything I had held in my grasp and rushing for the restroom. A string of profanities left my mouth when every single item and content in the condo decided to find a way to get in my way. My feet tingled in my shoes as sweat trickled down my face. When I reached the restroom, I pulled my pants down and fell onto the toilet and when I did, I never felt so amazing as I did before ever in my fucking life.

Relief consumed me when I released my bladder, one that was daring to burst any second now. A sigh left my lips as I close my eyes and calm my nerves, all the while simultaneously hearing my phone as I dropped it on my way here somewhere. Moments like this was appreciated in silence, which was one of the many reasons why I live on my own but even then, I couldn't get that privilege. I growled frustratedly when my voice mail was repeating itself multiple times, it was a call from someone I didn't have the energy for.

"Okay! Okay!" I sigh as I clean myself up, "Let me pee in peace for once!"

Even though it was quiet as hell here, I couldn't understand why I thought I heard someone or something but immediately, my attention reached to my phone as soon as I left the restroom. Now, where did I drop that little fùcker-

"Oh my fucking God!"

I gasped when a shadow towered me, I nearly screamed. My heart dropped to my stomach as I thought about the possibility of an intruder and immediately, my intuition kicked in. Just as I turned around, I was going to punch the motherfùcker to the floor. But when I did, the intruder yelled before they defended themselves with their hands and much to my surprise, I recognised my intruder.

"Annetta! No! Stop!"

"Seth?" My eyes widened as I stare at him in disbelief, before a huge smile spread across my face. I had not anticipated a meeting with him just yet, I thought I'd have to wait for a couple more months. "Oh my God Seth! What are you doing here? Come right fucking here!"

As I run toward him, Seth opened his arms for me to jump right into them. A laugh erupts from me as I jumped on him, Seth chuckled when he picked me up, leaving me no choice but to wrap both my arms and legs around him. They curled around his body as I embrace him, he hugged me back with a welcoming touch and instantly, I felt the adrenaline spiked in my blood, I was elated to see him.

"Oh," a strained chuckle ran past his lips, "I've missed you so fùcking much."

"Me too." I laughed as I pull away from him and instantaneously, Seth leaned in and kissed my lips. At first, I had no idea how to respond because it was never like this but when Seth coaxed me with his tongue, I fall deep into his kiss and respond back. His tongue was encouraging and stimulating in many places. Our relationship was never established, every time I saw him, we were just so excited to see each other because we enjoyed each other's company. Seth and I fucked without feelings, we were friends but had deep regards for each other. I cared about him and liked him as a friend.

However, it's been a hot minute since I've seen Seth. Seth and I met in California when I went away from my family and ever since we met, we've become good friends. When I returned to New York and left California, I left Seth too which was devastating but we promised each other that we would stay in contact. Heck, we even planned to meet each other in a few months time, when Seth was free but to find him here, at my place today was so unexpected.

"Wait, wait, wait..." I mumble breathlessly against his lips when he begins to walk to the nearest wall. I pull away and lean against the wall, my legs were still curled around his stomach as he held them. Seth glanced at me before he leaned in once again but I stopped him. "Why are you here?"