Chapter 8 - Scared

Jem's Pov:

"I'm sorry, but I have to go." I said to him, then ran out the door. Silver was yelling at me to go back and apoligize to him, but I wouldn't. I kept running and then I finally stopped somewhere in the middle of the woods. I needed to think about everything that just happened.

My heart felt like I should go back, but my body was refusing. What if he was my mate, and would reject me just like him. Memories of Nick came back to me, those horrible thigs I've tried to keep locked up flooded out and I started crying. Then suddenly my phone started ringing, I wiped away my tears and looked at my phone. It said Nicki. 'Oh shit, im in trouble.' I thought.

"Hello." I said quietly.

"Jem! Its you, where the hell are you?!" She yelled.

"Im in the deep part of the forest, but I-."

"What the heck are you doing there, the Alpha's going crazy looking for you! Even though I have no idea why." She said cutting me off.

"The reason he's going crazy looking for me is because Im his mate." She got really quiet after that. Which was not normal because she loves to talk.

"Give me a second." She said. Then I heard her fangirling, on the other line. "Okay I'm done, now you better give me an good reason not to tell him."

"I-I. Im scared alright! I don't want another person to reject me!" I yelled.

"What do you mean another person?! Who's the bastard that rejected my best friend, I'll find him and kick his ass!" She yelled.

"No time for that, il'l tell you later. Just tell him to wait for me at the front okay, bye." I said, then I hung up before she could protest.

I shifted into my wolf, and took off. 'Please hope their not too mad at me.' I thought.

>>Timeskip 20 minutes.....

When I made it to the house, I shifted back and grabbed some cloths left for me. Right as I was about to open the door, Blake opened in. And boy, did he looked mad. But, not at me. His attention drifted to someone who was in the vast woods behind me. Then his scent hit me again, I turned around and saw my mate.
Blake grabbed my shoulder and pushed me behind him. This action, made my mate mad and he started growling.

"Let her go." My mate growled.

"What's wrong with you Richard, just leave her alone. She dosen't want you right now." Blake said. So thats his name. I thought.

'Jem you better tell me why the hell Richard's acting so crazy.' He mind mind linked me.

'He's my mate. But I don't know why because I already have one.' He soften up from his defense position and turned to me.

"Do you want me to leave you alone with him?" He asked me. I nodded my head in responce, and with that he went inside. Then Richard sped up to me and gave me a bone crushing hug.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"I'm fine. But we need to talk." I said pulling back.

"Alright, we'll talk in my office." He said opening the door for me. When I was walking through, I bushed his skin sending sparks through me. Without even looking back, I could feel him smirking. Well played Richard, well played. I thought.