chapter 49

Lucas thought it best to go to the ballroom, to practice the tango. I for one didn't even know there was a ballroom, hopefully, he would keep with his promise and give me that tour.

The music was already playing and Mandy and Penny were off in the corner of the room dancing to the music in their own... special way.

Meaning, it looked like they were flamingos trying to walk on hot coals.

Lucas stood by my nervous side, as he typed away on his phone, looking intently at it and scrolling every few minutes. I wanted to ask him why he seemed so preoccupied with it so recently but bit my tongue.

I heard the clatter of footsteps and glanced up to see a solemn Zeke walk arm and arm with Dolores, who looked absolutely chipper.

"Dolores told me that you're going to teach us how to tango?" Zeke finally spoke to me.

Not wanting to scare him off I simply nodded, Lucas, turned off his phone and snapped his gaze off the screen towards me.

"How exactly are we going to do this?" He asked me, shoving the device into his pocket.

I shrugged, leaning in to whisper to him. "I never was taught by someone, I just watched a bunch of videos of my mom doing it."

He laughed, looking at Zeke who was currently getting into position with Dolores. "Yeah, this will be entertaining."

The music picked up, and I smiled at hearing the familiar tune. I nudged Lucas in the shoulder. "You remembered the song?"

Following in suit of Zeke, Lucas turned to face me. He grabbed my right hand, holding it securely with his left, while his left rested high up on my back. "Of course I did."

I put my hand slightly below his shoulder and on his back, I looked around and saw everyone had mirrored Lucas and me, gulping slightly we both started to sway on our feet. I kept my eyes off Lucas, his touch was enough to send me over the moon. I knew I wouldn't be able to look him in the eye.

(Play the song up above now!, and watch the video of you can't imagine how they are dancing, Lucas and Dawn are doing that dance almost exactly!)

I watched as everyone started swaying, my eyes trained on Zeke and Dolores, who looked severely concentrated on the task at hand while Mandy and Penny were messing around.

I moved my left leg forward while Lucas moved his back, automatically. I was about to look up at Lucas when I heard a string of curses. Looking back I saw Mandy jumping up and down with her foot in her hands.

"Mandy next time, left leg back and Penny right leg forward!" I yelled over the music.

Dolores and Zeke had already done moves that I hadn't gotten to yet, I gawked at them as they span around the ballroom.

"I've been alive longer than you can imagine, sweetie!" Dolores yelled while laughing. "Tango is already sewn in my blood!" She said while pulling Zeke along with her.

"Yeah, well I'm not!" Zeke shouted, while letting Dolores get away with her tango assault.

Mandy and Penny didn't care enough to learn how to tango so they both started doing whatever they thought best.

Lucas leaned in, his woodsy smell entrapping me as I became aware of him. "Look's like I'm the only one left to teach." He whispered in my ear.

Feeling cocky, I smirked back at him. I felt a rush of energy I don't think I've ever felt before. I moved my right leg in between his, swiping his foot to the side. He quickly looked down at me his mouth hanging slightly open, and I snapped my head to look into his eyes.