chapter 27

Dedicated to my lovely readers, thank you for getting this story to 10k! I am so grateful. ♥

"Zeke," I whispered, and I felt my anger start to dissipate.

He glanced down at me and then directed his fiery gaze to the woman in front of, "Mrs. Ross I don't know who gave you the authority, but you stepping out of your limits." He said.

Her mouth fell open and she gaped at Zeke like a dead fish. "Beta Zeke, I- I was just-"

"Just what?" Zeke interrupted her, and she snapped her mouth closed. "The Alpha will be hearing about this." He threatened.

Her face drained of color at his words, and she shook her head frantically, her giant earring smacking her neck in the process.

Though I did want this woman to get what she deserved, I didn't want to see her hurt. "No." And both of them looked at me in confusion. "We won't tell Lucas, take this as a warning to watch your mouth," I told her.

I saw her narrow her eyes at me and I lifted my eyebrow up, challenging her to speak out against me. "Yes?" I questioned. "Would you rather have this conversation with Lucas instead, because that would be easier than to not tell him."

She scoffed and walked away, and I silently hoped for her to trip over her own two feet. I was still glaring at her when I felt a hand touch my shoulder, I flinched slightly at the sudden feeling and turned to look at Zeke.

His face was covered with concern, and I saw his forehead crease as he looked down at me. "You okay?" He asked. To which I just nodded.

"Just don't leave me alone, She said that there were a lot of other people who don't like me," I told him as he gestured for us to start walking.

He laughed, before at my unamused face, then he stopped. "You really think that?" And I nodded. "Dawn, all night people have just been expressing their joy at having a Luna after so long. I just know they'll all love you real soon." He smiled at me and we started walking towards the thrones.

"Hopefully you're right," I told him as I sat down. While he opted to stand.

He winked. "I know I am."

I heard the sound of fast moving steps and I looked to see Penny running up the steps and to my side.

"Hi Penny," I said while looking at her with a smile.

"Cut that shit, when did you learn to dance?" She questioned. "Did Dolores cast a spell on you when you two were in the room, that old hag's probably a witch!" She accused.

I looked over at Zeke who looked at Penny like she was the dumbest person alive.

"Witches exist?" I asked him, and he dropped his gaze from Penny to me.

I saw him shrug, "Never seen any, I don't know."

To which Penny scoffed. "Of course they do! Otherwise, Dawn would've amputated all of Lucas' toes on the dance floor."

"No, I wouldn't have," I mumbled to myself. To which both siblings laughed. "Also, Zeke. You sounded so beautiful tonight." I said referring to him playing the violin.

He leaned against the throne. "If you think that was good, listen to Lucas on the piano. He's so good, legend has it that he came out of the womb playing the piano."