chapter 23

VIVA LA FRANCE!!!! I am so happy France won the World cup!! So thats why I chose this song, enjoy.

(these are old AN, and i don't wanna change them srry ahah)

I also made a video for this chapter^ i couldn't find any cute videos that went with this song so i just made it myself lol

(Mature themes, nothing crazy happens but I still want to leave a disclaimer.)

Lucas carefully slipped one arm under my thighs and another one on the small of my back. He stood up, picking me up bridal style. And I threw an arm over his neck, in a desperate attempt to get closer to him.

"You're free to go," Lucas told Dolores, and he turned on his feet and started to walk to what I think is the door. He softly let go of the hand resting on my back and used it to push open the ancient door, the absence of his touch resulted in a wince from me. Once open he returned his hand back on me and walked down the eerie hallway.

"Lucas?" I said with my tongue weighing fifty pounds. "Don't hurt Dolores," I mumbled to him. I furrowed my eyebrows with every wave of warmth my body would produce.

I heard him sigh as I rocked in his arms. "Dawn, I wouldn't hurt her, I've already told you this." I shook my head, my hair rubbing against his suit jacket.

"No, you didn't-" I stopped my sentence early to groan as I felt my organs stab each other. "You've only said you wouldn't hurt me." I finished.

I started to bounce up and down in his arms softly, meaning we were probably walking up the steps of the stairs. "I wouldn't hurt anyone," Lucas said, but I doubted that. "Not without a proper reason of course." There it was.

We entered a room as he finished that sentence, he crept into the middle of the room. I felt him start to lower me onto a surface, but the second he stopped his touch I felt as if I was engulfed by waves of lava.

I screamed in agony and opened my teary eyes. I grabbed Lucas by the neck and pulled him on top of me. Instantly the heat went away drastically. He landed on me and I could see his eyes widening in surprise, he barely had enough time to place his elbows on the bed so that he wouldn't crush me with his weight.

"Dawn..." He started, but I just shook my head which was buried deep in the crook of his neck.

"It hurts too much, what's happening to me?" I cried out.

I felt him shuffle for a second before tucking his arms under my body and rolling onto the bed, both of us laying on our sides and facing each other. My eyes shut once more as I felt the heat move to my lower back.

"It's called heat," Lucas said, I felt his finger touch my forehead and then glide over it, tucking a strand of loose hair behind my ear. "She wolfs go through it, about a couple days after meeting their mate. It's their bodies way of letting them know its time to have pups."

My eyes bulged out of their sockets. "Pups? Babies? I-I-" Lucas brought a finger to my lips.

"Shhh, don't worry, no pups, no babies." He reassured. "The reason it's hurting so much is because your body wants to mated, that's the reason we're so close right now."

My breath hitched. "We're not gonna... right?"

He shook his head, "I'm not here to take advantage of you Dawn, and you told me, repeatedly, that you want me to stay far from you."

"Please don't leave. It hurts so much." I pleaded.

"I won't."

I just nodded, inching closer and closer until our chests were compressed against each other.

"Please keep talking, anything to distract me from this," I begged, speaking into his shirt.

His eyebrows went up as he thought, "Do you know what the mating ceremony is?" He questioned. To which I just shook my head, words took too much energy to form.

"Well." He said while grabbing my hand and intertwining my fingers with his own. "The ceremony is purely something we do for culture. It use to be that the first full moon that fell after the Alpha and Luna met, would be the day of their ceremony. We obviously weren't going to throw you into this world that fast, but since you ran away." Guilt washed over me as he continued, his fingers rubbing circles on my own hand. "We had to tell the pack of your existence, now that they know you're here. They want to meet their Luna."

"Next topic," I mumbled. I felt his chest rumble slightly in laughter, and I focused on the vibrations rather than the agony my body was putting me through.

"I don't know what else to speak about, Dawn." He said simply.

"Anything, please say anything," I begged.

He was quiet, really quiet. I almost thought that he wouldn't speak.

"J'aimerais que les choses soient differentes enre nous." He whispered, and I had to hold in my gasp.

(I wish things were different between us.)

"J'aimerais tant pouvoir te serrer dans mes bras comme cela quand tu n'es pas en chaleur." He moved his hand that was locked with mine in front of our faces.

(I wish I could hold you without you having to be on heat.)

"J'espère qu'un jour nous aurons la relation que j'ai toujours rêvé d'avoir avec mon âme soeur." He said as he kissed my knuckles, resulting in my back arching in response. My head tilting back as my body seemed to move on overdrive.

(i hope, that one day we'll have the relationship I've always had the dream of having with my soulmate.)

I heard the sheets move as he pushed himself closer, he let go of my hand and placed it behind my neck. He leaned in and connected a feather of a kiss on the base of my throat.

The kiss was so light, that I probably wouldn't have even felt it if the shocks weren't sent to every nerve in my body.

He continued to leave a trail of light pecks on my neck, my body writhed in response. "Please..." I moaned. Not being able to take any more of this.

His lips disconnected from my neck and he looked my straight in the eyes, I stared back at his lusty black irises. The green was long gone by now.

"Ma reine, notre première fois - bon sang- Notre premier quoi que ce soit, ne sera pas pendant que vous etes en chauleur." He breathlessly whispered. It was these words that made me want to tell him I spoke French. And how badly I needed him right now.

(My queen, our first time- damn it. Our first anything. Will not be while you're on your heat.)

"Bonne nuit, ma chérie." Lucas said, and then he brought his fingers to the crook of my own neck, pressing down on the same pressure point he pressed the night I met him face to face.

Instantly my eyes rolled back to my head, and I was passed out.