chapter 6

STRONG THEMES!
[MENTIONS OF R*PE]
I'll add another warning right after the scene so u know where to resume reading! Skip the intro if you do not want to read the scene!

I was sitting on the floor, crisscrossed, eating a chocolate bar that I had bought earlier today.

I moaned as the chocolate melted on my tongue, it had been days since my last meal and this small chocolate bar fulfilled my stomach.

My father was out of town on "business" I didn't have a clue of what he was out for I was just relieved he wouldn't be here.

I took another bite relishing the taste, I wouldn't be able to do this for a while. My maniac of a father did almost everything in his capabilities to ruin my life.

In the midst of my chewing I heard grunts coming from the outside, and then I noticed the front doors handle started to rattle and shake.

It could only mean that he's back.

I panicked, I shoved the chocolate bar into my pockets and made a mad sprint to my room, I had no locks due to my fathers controlling methods so I slammed the door shut.

Once I was inside I looked around, where could I hide? There's nothing in here to hide behind. My room was stripped of everything, it was all sold to support his gambling ways.

The shouting continued but this time they were coming from inside the house.

Sweat was dripping down my forehead, so I ran to my closet and closed the door.

He's back early, it was only Sunday, he wasn't supposed to back till next Tuesday.

"DAWN!" He roared. But I knew better to not respond, "I brought a... I've brought someone home. Come out and greet the guest."

My heart stopped. Who could he have brought?

My brain racked itself over and over to come up with an explanation for who could be outside. But my naive brain could never have been able to guess.

Footsteps stomping outside my room seized my attention, and my heartbeat to quicken.

He'll find me, I'm such an idiot for hiding in my closet, that's the first place he'd look.

Yet due to the fact that my father is an even more stupid than a 12-year-old, he walked away from the front of my door. Causing me to let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding.

"Dawn!" He sounded ticked, "Its rude to keep our guest waiting! Come out!" My father yelled.

I tried to steady my heartbeats until I heard his friend speak up.

"Did you check her room?"

My head snapped up, God damn, couldn't he have kept his mouth shut.

I decided there was no other time than the present, so I opened my closet door and ran to the other side of my room.

Just then my father opened my door, he was drunk as usual and next to him stood the scariest man I had ever seen. His eyes were ice blue, they seemed almost unnatural looking.

"Where'd you think you were going, huh?!" My father roared.

My fight or flight response kicked in, and I threw open my window and tried to get out. I swung my leg over the window sill. But I wasn't fast enough. The man had gripped my leg and dragged me to the floor.

I screamed. "Please! Don't!" I thrashed. "Let me go!" I was struggling in his grasp and my father was just watching. "Dad, please!"

He was caught off guard, I hadn't called him my dad since my mother died. But apparently, none of that mattered. He shook off whatever feeling went over him and simply said.

"Pay me after your done, Cade. I'll be outside."

He left the room and I was alone with that man.

Then he growled, "Now...let's see if you were worth that pretty penny."

"Go to hell!" I yelled back at him.

The tears were slipping down my face as I thrashed against him.

His dirty hands roamed my body, and bile rushed up. His hands came up from my chest and out to my face and with his crusty fingers touched my lips. I had to save my own skin but in hindsight what I did next, had thrown away any restraint he could have had and I bit down on his finger.

"Don't you dare touch me!"

End of SCENE! CONTINUE READING HERE.

I was awoken from my nightmare by another growl, but this time it had left a feeling that shot down straight to my core.

The sweating started again, and my stomach felt queasy with butterflies. Meaning that green-eyed man was near.

Opening up my eyes I took notice of where I was.

I was in the most lavish room I've ever come to witness. It looked as if it were built for royalty.

The room was a contrast of black and deep red, with little accents of gold scattering the room.

My head snapped to where I heard the growl. And there I saw the man with the green eyes. But only now... they were pitch black.

"Why were you just- Are you alright?" He questioned.

My eyes wouldn't look away from his. No matter how hard I tried to pull away from his gaze the more I wanted it on me. The more I wanted him closer to me.

On edge, panicked and very confused I spoke quickly, ignoring his question.

"Where am I?"

My look of confusion must've been sorely evident because he asked the question again. But this time he clarified more.

"Just now while you were sleeping, who's Cade?" He stared right down at me from where he was standing, ignoring my question just as I had ignored his.

Pins and needles went across my whole body as I heard that name, my heart went heavy and my palms clammy. I said nothing. My brain would not let words leave from my mouth, the only thing it seemed to want to do was to be in the embrace of this stranger. This very attractive stranger.

Attractive? Get a grip on yourself Dawn.

I still said nothing, only looking him in the eye, challenging him silently.

He sighed but kept up his calm, but lethal demeanor. "Mate, I asked you something." Almost immediately after saying the word mate, his eyes shifted back to green then swished back to the black orbs that stared right back at me.

Shocked, I gasped. Eyes weren't able to change color like that.

"Your eyes..." I whispered. "How did they just do that?" I questioned, slightly rising up from the bed, away from him.

The ghost of a smile played on his face, "You'll have your questions answered, as soon as you can answer mine." He said with a newfound expression as he looked down at me.