34

*One year later*

"The bridge will be opened to public tomorrow. I'm so excited, Lisa." I chuckled and placed the bowl of watermelon punch on the low wooden table where Lisa was sitting. It was summer and it was evening. The stars shone so beautifully in the night sky, just like how Lisa's hazel orbs sparkled as she looked at me.

"I'm excited too." She giggled. She handed me a spoon and then we began eating while looking at the stars, then looked at each other.

A year with Lisa was the most exciting year my whole life. She was indeed a blessing for me and she was the only one I needed. After christmas last year, we both decided to let our family know about our relationship and they were happy about it. My sister supported us just like how she supported me when I needed him. Lisa's father was enlightened, he was surprised at first but he entrusted Lisa with me. Tzuyu is now in college and she decided to live in her university's dorm just like when were in college. And because of that, Lisa and I decided to live under one roof, we rented a new unit that is just between the company's distance and from the 'Dollhouse's.' Yes, a year has passed but Lisa never left the place even after what happened. I never asked her why again and just gave her my trust. I made sure that every night she needed to go there, I was there with her. After the night at the bar where Jungkook suddenly raged, we never had another word to each other. We saw each other on the hallway and on the club, we exchanged gazes and glares, but we never talked to each other. Same as Miyeon who was still my secretary. We never talked casually again as the news about me and Lisa passed on from a person to another.

After a while, we finished eating the punch. She decided to put the bowl under the table as I spread a thin cloth below us, then laid down with a groan.

"It's been a while since we last stargazed." She says laying down beside me, her head was on my chest while an arm was across my body. I held her by the waist, pulling her closer to me as hummed, agreeing.

"Yeah, I missed it." I mumbled and stared blankly at the sky. We've been so busy for months, projects for the company just came in until it we almost couldn't handle it. Everyone was stressed, having no choice but to stay at the office, overworking ourselves so the projects will be done before or on the deadline that was given. There were also nights that I even needed to sleep in my own office.

"I missed you." Lisa mumbled against my chest and pouted. My brows raised, confused at what she meant.

"We sleep in the same bed and we work in the same company. There's never a day that you didn't see me, Lisa. What are you saying?"

"Yeah, we do. But I missed spending time with you." She frowned more and lifted herself, meeting my gaze. "I can't even remember the last time we had sex."

"Jesus, Lisa. Keep your voice down."

"I'm just telling the truth!" She complained. "I don't remember the last time we ate outside or the last time you cooked for me."

"We're just so busy, babe." I sighed, letting my fingertips play with the strands of her hair.

"True." She sighed and laid down again. "But we can do something else tonight."

She smirked that made me laugh while my hands caressed her waist but I shook my head and sat up.

"Why not?" She frowned at me. "Babe, come on."

"I'm tired, Lis." I stood up from the table and took her hand, pulling her up. "Let's go back inside."

We walked back inside and as I entered the door, I let go of her hand and saw our cat Leo on his pet bed, sleeping soundly. I could still hear Lisa's footsteps following me as I jumped on the bed, laying by my stomach as I closed my eyes. After seconds, I felt Lisa straddling my back then leaned down. I felt her lips placing gentle kisses on my shoulder until it reached my neck but I groaned, making her stop.