32

I stepped outside of Ellizabeth's room with a blank expression, my steps were heavier than before. I trailed towards my room and locked the door, then to let my tears fall on my face. I couldn't feel anything at the moment but anger.

"Lisa, open the door." I heard Jungkook's voice from outside that made me sob harder. I didn't want to talk to anyone. And I didn't want to see him. "Pranpriya, open up!"

"Go away!" I fired back and tucked myself under the sheets of my bed after turning off the lights, letting the darkness cover every corner of the room. "How could you..."

"Please let's talk."

---

I ignored everyone and locked myself inside my room for days. Tzuyu was worried, but I insisted that I was fine. Theodore was away for a week because of business and possibly, JK and his mother knew that it was the right time to rob the company.

I always tried to close my eyes, begging thoughts to leave me alone and give me peace but it wasn't working. The conversation we had inside that office kept running inside my head again and again, almost making me crazy. Why did I end up here again?

---

*Days earlier; At Ellizabeth's office*

"You need to marry me, Lisa." Jungkook spoke from beside me, making my heart stop beating as I froze on my place. I stared at him, and his eyes weren't the same anymore. It wasn't the same when I first met him, they were different. It wasn't Jungkook Jeon but he was completely a different person. His eyes was full of want, desire, and hunger for something. Something he wanted so long and now, he was looking at me hopefully, hoping that I was the one to help him.

"My dear husband finished working on his last will, Lisa. And do you know what was written there?" The woman asked me. Things weren't sinking inside my head, I couldn't process. "Half of his company will be owned by you and Tzuyu as soon as he dies, honey. Isn't that great?"

I brought my eyes at the woman who I looked up as my mother but everything suddenly changed. I didn't knew them anymore.

"Marry my son, Lisa. We'll take care of his money very well and I promise that you and your sister will benefit very well from it," She smiled, but not like her smile before. It was pure evil.

"Why are you doing this?" I spoke after gathering enough courage. "He didn't do anything wrong to you!" 

"You know nothing about that man, Lisa." Jungkook says looking at me.

"Pranpriya Manoban..." The lady called out my name with amusement. "Lalisa, I hope you haven't forgot everything that I did for you. I helped you to get out of the hell you and your sister was living in! And look at you right now! You're living in my mansion just like a princess!" She slammed her hands on her desk and glared at me. "You could've been dead. But I offered you a good deal, and you agreed. You work in my club, you live. And now, look! I'm even giving you a chance to marry my son!"

I could feel Jungkook stare at me, as if he was waiting for my response but I kept silent, letting those things process. She has a point, I should've been dead but she saved me.

"Think about this. It's just like I'm giving you a promotion!" She laughed amusedly. "And I think my husband likes you. You're wise and beautiful, Lisa. You and Jungkook will manage his company well. You will own the world, you'll be rich. You can get anything you want!"

I let tears stream down from my eyes and breathed deeply.

"He loved you." I spoke and wiped the tears on my face. "Theodore loved the both of you. I can't understand why you do this to him!"