Two Broken Souls Who Fixed Each Other (Bucky Barnes)

Okie. So, this was just a random idea that I had while watching Captain America The Winter Soldier for the second time this week lol. I hope y'all love it.

It does deal with a panic attack so don't read if that's triggering for you. AND you're Sam Wilson's adoptive younger sister.

Okie! Read on My Fellow Wattpadians!

~♡~☆~♡~☆~

You and Sam served over in Afghanistan together. But in different areas. You were on the ground in the front lines while Sam was up in the sky doing who knows what with the Falcon suit.

But you returned home first. With PTSD and some battle scars from gunshot wounds. You had also lost your best friend and wingwoman in the field.

Her name was Ashley, but you always called her Ash.

You both were on a mission with the troop you were in when the gunfire started raining down on you all. You got hit in the left thigh, left shoulder and the left side of your abdomen. Ash had gotten hit in the chest, close to her heart and she landed on an IED when she fell, getting blown to pieces right in front of you.

You screamed and got up, firing nonstop at the enemy, your rage and sadness taking over your actions. You eventually passed out from blood loss and you had to get airlifted out of there. By Sam and his wingman Riley.

You had bad days and good days when at home. You lived in the Avengers compound with Sam and the Avengers, per his request because he knew how you got on your bad days.

While you were at the tower, you met Bucky Barnes. The man who became the love of your life and your rock when you needed him. And you were the same for him.

Well, one day, you were in the training room with Steve and Bucky. They were lifting weights while you did some yoga to relax and calm down.

Steve had dropped the barbell he was lifting and it sounded like a gunshot to you. You jumped and looked around. Seeing the battlefield from when you served instead of the training room. You saw Ash and you screamed seeing her get shot again. Over and over. Launching you into a panic attack, causing you to drop to the ground.

This caught Bucky's attention and he quickly ran over.

"(Y/N)? (Y/N)! Speak to me doll." He said to you. You didn't answer but he heard you mumbling through the choked sobs and uneven breathing.

"Ash. Ashley. No no no no no." You mumbled, stuttering on your words through the choked sobs.

"FRIDAY! GET SAM DOWN HERE! NOW!" Bucky yelled to the AI.

Sam was notified and he came busting in a few minutes later. Racing to where you laid curled up on the floor, with your hands in your hair, shaking, and breathing unevenly where you laid on the floor. Bucky sitting on his knees next to you, clueless on what to do. He's never seen you like this before.

"What happened!?" Sam asked as he pulled you up into a sitting position so he could talk to you. Slowly pulling your hands from your hair and holding onto them.

"I dropped the barbell and she started freaking out. I'm sorry." Steve rushed out as he watched you.

Sam just nodded and pulled you into his chest, holding the back of your head with one hand and the other holding onto your shaking hands.

"Shhhh. Shhh. It's ok, (Y/N/N). You're safe. I promise. It's Sam. Focus on your breathing, ok? Match it with mine sweetheart." He cooed into your ear softly.

"S-sam?" You mumbled through a choked sob.

"Yeah. I'm here. It's ok." He cooed and ran a hand through your hair. "I need you to relax for me. Ok? Can my hear my breaths? Match yours with mine."

You nodded slightly and tried to calm down. Bucky gently grabbed one of your hands carefully and started rubbing his thumb over your knuckles softly. You stayed in Sam's hold as you slowly calmed down.

"Oh, Ash!" You cried and sobbed into Sam's chest. Turning to bury your face into his shoulder.

He just rubbed your back and let you cry it out. He shushed you and rocked you back and forth slightly until you finally tired yourself out and fell asleep.

"Is she ok?" Bucky asked softly.

"Yeah. She will be. I gotta get her into bed though so she can rest." Sam stood slowly with you in his arms. He started to walk away but you grabbed onto Bucky's hand and held onto it tightly. "Guess you're coming with Frosty." Sam smiled a bit.

Bucky nodded and walked alongside Sam back to the room you and Bucky shared. Sam laid you down and kissed your forehead before leaving, telling Bucky to tell him if he was needed. Bucky nodded and then laid down next to you.

You curled up into his chest, laying your head under his chin and holding onto his hand tightly. Bucky ran his metal fingers through your hair and you smiled slightly.

"I've got you Doll." He whispered and pulled you a bit closer.

~~

You slept for three hours before you finally stirred. Bucky watched your beautiful (e/c) eyes slowly flutter open.

"Are you ok, Doll?" He asked softly.

You nodded and played with his fingers.

"I'm sorry if I freaked you out." You whispered softly.

"No no no. It's ok. It wasn't your fault. It's nothing you can control sweetheart." Bucky reassured and brushed some hair from your face.

"Ok." You whispered and closed your eyes and releasing a sigh.

"Can I ask who Ashley is?" Bucky asked softly.

"Yeah. She was my best friend when I served. But she, uh, she died. Shot in the chest and she fell onto an IED. I could've helped her if I was there to catch her. She would still be here if I covered her in time." You averted your eyes from Bucky as a tear slipped down your face.

"Hey, stop blaming yourself right now. It wasn't your fault. Ok? You couldn't have changed or prevented what happened. Alright?" Bucky wiped away the tear, making you look at him.

You nodded slightly and just scooted closer to him and wrapped your arms around him.

"Where would I be without you?" You asked softly as You hugged him tightly.

"I honestly have no clue doll." Bucky chuckled slightly and you smiled.

"I love you. So much." You whispered.

"I love you too, Doll. So much." Bucky whispered and kissed your head.

"Can we watch a movie?" You asked softly.

"Of course, doll." Bucky smiled and sat up, pulling you into his lap as he reached for the tv remote.

You smiled and curled up into his arms as he picked a movie for you two to watch. He picked your favorite on purpose, making you smile.

He grinned to himself, knowing he cheered you up and made you smile. So, there the two of you sat, watching the movie together.

He was broken. So were you. But you two would always be there for each other. To fix one another when needed. So you were Two Broken Souls Who Fixed Each Other.

~♡~☆~♡~☆~

There it is my loves! I hope you all loved it!

I hope you guys also had a very Merry Christmas and the happiest of Holidays!

Till Next Time My Fellow Stan Girls and Fellow Wattpadians!

♡ Rach (MsMarvelNerdist42)