t w e n t y

"Sorry I couldn't get you anything better

"Sorry I couldn't get you anything better. I figured Ramen Noodles was better than a can of cold beans." Winter says as he sips on the broth of his own soup.

I twist the noddles onto my fork. "No this is perfect. Who knew you could do so many things with one of those hot faucet things."

He laughs. "To be honest, I've used it in more ways within the last couple of days than I have in the year we've had it. I usually stick to tea."

I look at him in confusion. "How have you had it a year? You just moved here a few days ago."

"We reinstalled it here. My dad didn't want to leave it there and have to buy a completely new one here." He explains through a mouthful of noodles.

Dakota walks into the room, scratching his head tiredly even though he's spent most of today napping. "What? You guys made food and there's none for me? I see how it is." He sighs.

"Don't worry, they're a little crunchy since we didn't have boiling water." I shoot Winter a teasing glance to which I earn a wink.

Dakota purses his lips in a pout. "You know that crunchy noodles are my favorite."

"Seriously?" Winter snickers.

"Sorry, D. You can go make some." I ignore him and give my brother a forced smile.

He groans loudly, hanging his head back. "I don't want to."

"Why?" I snort.

"I'm too lazy. You go make me some." He demands, flinging his body into the couch with a huff.

My mouth opens. "Uh...no way."

"Please?" He tries giving me big eyes. "Just be a good sister for once."

I gasp. "Dakota!"

He shrugs this off. "I'm just saying it wouldn't kill you to stop treating me like a third wheel and get me some Ramen."

I pause, glaring at him. "Fine." I seethe, standing up and setting down my own food on the coffee table. "I'll be right back." I sigh before turning and entering the kitchen.

I shuffle to the cabinet I remember has bowls inside and open the doors, pulling one from the stack. Grabbing a packet of the hard noodles, I pull the plastic apart and poor the contents into the bowl, removing the small package of broth seasoning.

Once the bowl has been filled with hot water and has sat for a few moments, I lazily grab a fork from the drawer and walk back to the living room.