o n e

Hey! I have a blog so if you're interested in my personal life, the link is in my bio. Enjoy!

Also, This chapter is dedicated to mah-ree-ya for voting!

Hey loves, welcome to my Christmas short story. Let's get into some cozy pajamas and sip on some hot cocoa so we can get into this holiday spirit, shall we?

 Let's get into some cozy pajamas and sip on some hot cocoa so we can get into this holiday spirit, shall we?

"Merry Kissmas, loser." My brother, Dakota, dangles a piece of mistletoe over my head as he mocks the uncomfortable look and sound of an obnoxious kiss.

"Please don't bore me with the overused, monotonous and pointless tradition of mistletoe. I don't have time for it today, my mindless sibling." I reply condescendingly as I focus on the potato in front of me, my right hand moving forcefully downward as the Kitchen Aid peeler in my grip does its job.

When he remains silent, I grow suspicious and my eyes move slightly in his direction to spot him with his back to me, both of his tanned arms wrapped around himself as he feigns kissing someone else, his fingers and hands moving up and down his back as he smacks his lips. Clearly, his intent is to get a reaction out of me. So I do what any other aggravated female would do in my situation; I raise my left foot and shove it into his backside which sends him flying forward and onto the hardwood kitchen floor.

"Ah!" He hits the hard surface below him, his body against the wood making a very painful sound.

I bring the back of my wrist up to my mouth to contain the laughter, feeling both surprised and proud that I actually got the best of him for once.

"You know, you can be a real demon sometimes, Sam." He groans before rolling onto his back with one hand on his stomach and the other resting beside him on the cold wood.

"That's what they tell me." I wink with a smirk before continuing to peel the potato in my hand.

Paying no attention to Dakota as he stands up, I reply, "You know, Christmas is still a week away right? Put the mistletoe away."

"Excuse me? My dear sister, you are the only seventeen year old I know who doesn't look forward to, and take full advantage of, mistletoe season." I hear him crunch into one of the already peeled carrots out of the strainer in the sink.

Rolling my eyes, I set the last potato into another strainer in front of me and head to the sink, turning on the water.

"Actually, you're the only seventeen year old I know who so blatantly puts himself at risk for herpes and then blames it on Christmas spirit." I mock, watching his green eyes widen as he feigns offense, his hand placed on his chest.