e l e v e n

Speaking of Eleven, how many of you have seen the new release of Stranger Things 3 episode titles!?

Yaaaasssss I am living my best life.

Much love. xoxo

"Baked beans in a can? Are you kidding me? How can they be baked when they're in a can!" Dakota exclaims, shaking the metal cylinder

"You're an idiot." I huff, grabbing it from his hand and setting it in the yes pile. "You put them in a pan and then put it in the oven. What part of that do you not understand?"

"The part where they are falsely labeling the cans." My brother mumbles, picking out a can of crushed pineapple and sticking it in the no pile immediately.

With a scoff, I grab the can, moving it to the pile next to me. "I like crushed pineapple."

"Yeah well it seems you have a crush on a lot of things. Or should I say people." Dakota smirks at me as he mouths the last word and points to Winter who is looking through the fridge for things we could eat before the contents inside go bad.

My eyes flicker Winters working form, his Christmas pajama pants hanging low on his hips and secured with the strings in the front. He ditched the Harvard hoodie a few moments ago and now sports a charcoal gray v-neck t shirt. "Shut up. You don't know what you're talking about. And that doesn't even make any sense." I mutter through my teeth as quietly as possible.

Dakota leans in closely, his eyes locked on Winter as if to make sure he's not paying attention. "Then why is it that you keep staring at him like you want to eat him for Christmas dinner, hm?" He pulls away with a questioning brow.

I can't help but chuckle at his words even though a slight blush creeps to my cheeks in the midst of the low lit kitchen. My nose picks up the smell of the peppermint candle burning on the counter nearby. "I said shut up." I seethe once the embarrassment sinks in.

Suddenly, Winter turns around. A smile adorning his handsome face. "Whelp we've got string cheese, gouda cheese, some lunch meat, some leftover pizza, and half a ham." He flashes his teeth which is paired with a chuckle.

"I'll take that leftover pizza, my man." Dakota springs up and dashes to the fridge, opening a Papa Johns pizza box and looking down at the contents as if he hasn't seen food in days.

Winter takes a seat next to me, his arms resting on his knees as they cross in front of him at the feet, his fingers wrapped together. "Find anything good? We've never really had a great selection of canned goods." He laughs.

I shrug, picking up a can of black olives and placing it in the yes pile for Dakota knowing those are his favorites. "I'd say it's pretty average."

"Just average?" He feigns offense, "You mean I don't have the best canned goods cabinet you've ever seen?"

"Afraid not." I give him a playfully apologetic look.