t e n

I want to thank every person that is reading this story. I'm so grateful for all the wonderful feedback on "Epistle" but I have to admit, it wasn't very hard to write nor was it as time consuming at this.

This takes planning, effort, and passion for a good story and relatable characters.

I love writing. I love bringing a story to life with words and having a creative outlet. I just hope that this story does something positive for you, no matter how many of you there are. One, five, ten, fifty; it doesn't matter.

Thank you again for reading thus far, happy holidays.

"I thought I heard music

"I thought I heard music. What were you two up to up there?" Dakota asks as we both sit down on the couch.

"Nothing, just gathering these blankets. I was just making sure that this worked." Winter holds up the wireless battery powered radio.

Dakota reaches forward to take it from his hands, inspecting it as he turns it. "We're pretty lucky that you have this. It's our key to knowing what's going on out there. Do you have more batteries just in case?"

"I'm sure we do somewhere." Winter shrugs, leaning back into the couch cushion, his long arms spreading over the back. One rests behind me, brushing the back of my head. I watch Dakota to see if his reaction indicates that this means anything but when his eyes lock on Winter's arm, he doesn't even blink.

"Your parents' bathroom is really nice. The toilet is comfy too." Dakota gives me a cheeky look as if trying to embarrass me.

I simply roll my eyes, crossing my arms over my chest. "I'm sure Winter really appreciates you saying that."

"Oh yeah, for sure." Winter laughs. "Glad we've accommodated you well, man."

"You certainly have. Also, sorry I ate the rest of the snickerdoodles. But there's still some pumpkin bread and oatmeal raisin cookies in there." My brother gestures to the basket on the couch next to him.

"Ew you know I hate raisins." I whine.

He purses his lips. "Do I? Whoops? Must have slipped my mind."

"Of course it would. There's nothing but air up there." I tap my temple.

"You're rude." He sighs, kicking his feet up.

"I know." I reply with a smirk.

I hear Winter chuckle deeply next to me. "You guys bicker like no one I've ever seen."

"Then you haven't seen a lot of people." Dakota mumbles with a laugh. "Trust me, we're nice compared to most siblings."

"Yeah sure keep telling yourself that." He says, shifting slightly closer to me as he reaches over my lap to grab a cookie before sitting up straight and taking a bite from a raisin filled oatmeal dessert.