Chapter 15

Junhyuk paused for a moment, as if he was thinking deeply. He forced a smile and began talking like usual.

"Jimin.. The teacher told me that our performance was amazing. Aren't you a little too good at acting?" He asked his his typical eyesmile. His hand propped under his chin.

"Speak for yourself. You followed my moves a little too perfectly, no?" I playfully lifted up my eyebrow and sat up on the couch.

"Of course... I was looking at you the whole time, anyways.." he shifted his eyes and let out an uncomfortable cough. "I'll get going."

I can't let him leave like that. I just can't. He needs someone even if that someone can't be me. I just... want Junhyuk to be happy.

"Wait! Junhyuk. Damnit! Just give Nayeon a chance. Please" I heard his footsteps stop.

No response.

Then I heard the door close behind me. Only now did I notice I've been holding in my breath and then finally released it.

"Ugh!" I said out loud, looking up only to meet Yerin's gaze. Was she satisfied? Content? I wish I knew what was going on in that head of hers.

"So..." Yerin says, breaking the silence. "I see you and Nayeon have hit it off..."
She sits beside me and shifts her body to towards mine. "Listen. I'm sorry. I-I don't know what overcame me. I've been so terrible to you lately. There's no real reason why I did this and I don't know why I felt I had to do everything and anything to you. I appreciate you and-" I cut her off.
"And you made my life a living hell." I let out a half-hearted sigh and chuckled. "But, I know that even if you continued to treat me this way.. I'd still go back to you because we grew up together and you're the only person I could attach myself to." I looked over to study her expression. It was mixed and conflicted.
I stood up and put my hair behind my ear.

"I need to sort out my thoughts, Yerin." I said softy. "First, I need some time from you and more time by myself. I've been spending my time thinking of ways to be better than everyone. In the end, my methods were wrong and I ended up hurting everyone instead."

I let out a deep sigh and smiled wryly. "Now I'll smile more and be more positive. The next chapter in my life has just started. Tomorrow I'll be a new me."

(Hello everyone!! I hope you don't hate the changeup. I've become a more serious writer and more detailed. I hope you guys enjoy~♡ the story will become more lighthearted or stay the same depending on how I'm feeling. Don't forget to like, share, and add this to your bookshelf!)