Chapter 10

"Junhyuk.. I think it'd be easier if we just didn't pretend. I'd still miss you as much if we still acted like friends." I confessed.

"Yeah.. We haven't practiced much, though, so we need to go to your house." He told me, helping me off the nurse's resting bed. The nurse gave me a pair of crutches so that I could walk around. It hurts my armpits, though.

"It's already that time?! 5:00?! I should be heading home!" My eyes popped out of my head.

"What about after school clubs??" He asked me.

"It doesn't matter if I'm injured, right?" I wisely said while walking off with my crutches.

"They look uncomfortable.." Way to point out the obvious, Sherlock.

"Did Nayeon tell you why she's doing this to me?" I asked him. Does he know about Nayeon liking him?

"Not quite. There should be a reason, though. And that reason should be good. She's just jealous." She is jealous. Very much.

What will I tell Yerin? That she has no chance?

"Hey! I heard about what happened. Are you okay? I came here to pick you up." BamBam said, suddenly appearing out of the blue.

"Thanks.. I'll go with BamBam for now, Jun... Jun... Hyuk." I felt so sleepy. My head laid on BamBam's shoulder.

They both bowed their heads slightly as a sign to greet each other.

Before I knew it, I was at my house. It was so quick for me. Maybe because I was asleep, I didn't realize.

"You're being awfully nice." My emphasis on 'awfully' was strong.

"Well.. You twisted your ankle badly. What did you expect me to do?" He sounded serious.

I laughed and got out of the car. My hand was waving in front of my face.

"Nothing, nothing." My hand was still waving in front of my mouth.

"Well. I've got to go. Sorry I haven't been seeing you lately, but you can text me, you know." His tone sounded like he was stating the obvious like everyone else.

"Yeah, of course. I'm going to go now. You're being nice and it's scaring me." I smiled sarcastically and entered the house, closing the door behind me.

Yerin walked into the front room where I was. We awkwardly stared at each other.

"What the hell?? Jackson?! Really?! That's why you've been torturing me! You're so selfish!" I scolded her.

"You have things going so well for you. BamBam, Junhyuk, Jackson. You had to choose one. You cant hog them all!" She screamed at me. I was shocked.

"Can I not be in love? I think I really like Jackson. If that bothers you, I'm sorry. I'm not giving up on me and Jackson because you want to be with him. It doesn't work that way." And with that, I started up the stairs.

"Don't you like him because you won't be an outcast?" I stayed on the stairs, frozen.

"No. I now like him because of his charm and because of how sweet he is on the inside, unlike some people. Why do you like him?" I didn't let her answer and went into my room. The door was locked so that she couldn't come in.

Damn pests. They need to learn how to go fight to get with someone instead of waiting for Prince Charming to show up.

I kept my phone in my hand until my ringtone for Junhyuk came on.

"Yes?" Why was he calling me so suddenly?

"Do you think you're free tomorrow for another practice? We need to practice a lot from now on because next week is when we have to present." We did need to work on it because we only had one practice.

"Ah.. Yes. I'm free tomorrow. Let's practice at home. I have a nice plan." I told him before hanging up.

The plan I had was for us to perform eyes nose lips in the park so that we could get used to singing in front of a crowd. I was fine with it, but Junhyuk is yet to debut and has had only 1 showcase and another 1 in front of his peers. I'll be looking forward to it.

Time to take a nap. I'm dying here.

((HELLO READERS!! HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER!! PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT, AND ADD THIS TO YOUR BOOKSHELF~!!))