7: forever.

Depuis le début

"Jealous?" I teased, playfully swaying my hips against his.

"Kat..." Bret said warningly.

"Oui! We fooking going to leave or not?!" Tom bellowed from behind us.

"Depends–"

"Yes, we're leaving now." Bret interrupted me, putting his hand over my mouth.

"You coming, Celeste?" He asked turning his head to my little sister.

"I would love too!" The sweet girl said as she smiled happily.

I glared up at Bret and rolled my eyes when he grinned down at me. The four of us moseyed out of the venue after I changed into my clothes from earlier and my black pair of boots. Tom held the door open for Celeste, smiling at her as he held open the car door for her. I looked at Bret and frowned.

"I'll talk to him." He said gently.

"And you wonder why I don't like him." I mumbled under my breath.

After getting into the car, I stretched out in the seat, looking over at Bret pensively. He was laughing at something Tom had said. It was probably vulgar. I found myself entranced as I looked at Bret. Was I dumb to not realize my feelings for him were deeper than I thought? Bret was my happiness. He filled my void. Most of all, he was my friend.

"Something on your mind?" He asked, glancing over at me.

"We're going to be friends forever, right?" I asked as I bit my bottom lip.

"Of course we are. We always haven't been, haven't we?" Bret said as he placed his hand on top of mine.

The gesture wasn't something of cute or anything. It was a reminder. A reminder that he was there. Just like he always was. He was my person.

I smiled, leaning my head against his arm. The rest of the drive was smooth. We had ended up at a bar not far from the venue I had been at. Tom and Celeste walked apart, but yet closely to each other as we nearer the bar entrance.

Once we got inside Tom put up his facade and distances himself from us. Bret and I were used to this. We could never been seen together. Not that it bothered me. Or Tom, probably. But it did seem to bother Celeste.

"Hey, you alright?" I asked my younger sister, giving her a tight lipped smile.

"Of course! Just um... why did Tom leave us?" She asked with a confused smile.

I gave Bret a frowning look. He looked back at me, sipping on his beer as he cleared his throat and put his arm around Celeste's shoulder.

"He can't be seen with me. We're feuding. Tom is the enemy." He mumbled to her, she seemed to nod and sigh.

"That doesn't mean you can't go over and say hi to him, though." He added.

I glared at him hard. He frowned and shrugged at me. Watching Celeste, she stood up and grabbed her cup.

"I'll be right back!" She grinned quickly.

As we watched her walk over to the brooding Brit. I smacked Bret's chest, hard.

"Are you fucking crazy?!" I hissed.

"Kat... she's just being friendly." Bret rubbed his chest and glared at me.

"She's following him like a lost puppy!" I snapped.

"Kat–"

"He's going to hurt her. And I'm going to kill him. I'm really going to kill him." I said to myself.