Thirty

"Sarang!" Someone called out. "Sarang, wake up!" My eyes shot open when I recognized it as Xiumin's voice. "Why have you been sleeping until-" He looked at his watch. "-11:00 am?" Xiumin asked. He was sitting on the edge of my bed, but we weren't in my room. It was an endless desert of white sand that I had clearly seen before.

"Huh?" I couldn't speak, my throat was filled up. Was it really him? Was it all a dream after all? I gulped.

"You better wake up. We can finish your training and go on that ice cream date you really wanted to go. Okay?" Xiumin asked and I nodded in response. Suddenly, he stopped talking or moving. I saw blood drip down the side of his head. The blue colour of the sky started changing into red and the ground was covered in dark shadows. What the hell was happening?

"Xiumin." I shook him and my fingers were covered in his blood. I saw a leopard running in our direction. I was scared, but it didn't matter anymore. I didn't think it was worth running away. I could just let it kill me and be over with all of this.

The leopard pounced on me and I felt the ground shake.

____________

"Sarang?" My vision became clearer and I saw Jun, sitting in front of me with a warm cup of tea in his hands. I was in a room I didn't recognise. Jun must've put me to bed after I fell asleep on the floor yesterday night.

I pulled the blanket off me and got out of bed. "I need to go." I said. I had to come back to my senses and look for Xiumin. This wasn't the time to drown in self pity. I remembered Chen telling me about how ability wielders were stronger than regular people, so there are chances Xiumin was still okay. There was no point in giving up like this.

Jun gave me a confused look. "Where do you want to go Sarang? You're burning up. I think you have a fever." He said as he placed his palm against my forehead.

I pushed his hand away. "I need to look for Xiumin. I need to know where they took him and-" I couldn't finish my sentence because Jun slapped me across the face. I fell to the ground and my fingers began to shake. In fear? Nope, this was fury. Pure anger bubbling up really late somehow.

"If you say his name one more time Sarang, I swear to god, it will be you who will end up like that." Jun said and then raised his voice to assert himself. "You don't need anyone else!"

The spot where I touched the ground crackled a little and white smoke was released. The side of my lip lifted up. I could see the air turning white in colour every time I breathed out. I turned to look at Jun and supported myself with my hand against the floor to stand up. Another crackle when I touched the floor.

"Sarang, baby, I'm so sorry-" Jun reached out to my cheek that had probably bruised because of his slap. He stopped mid sentence and just looked into my eyes in confusion. Stepped back in fear. "Sarang-" His speech was wavering. "W- why are your eyes turning grey? And white?" He asked.

I had no idea what he was talking about. All I knew was that I had a lot of anger and it needed an outlet. I touched the table beside me and it was instantly covered in thick white ice. Then I broke it and hit Jun's leg with it. He fell to the ground, screaming in pain. I didn't care if that broke his bones.

I headed outside the room to look for the man that hit Xiumin's head yesterday. Wasn't he the one that spoke about disposing off his body? I was going to tear his limbs apart if he didn't speak up. I was lucky because he was rushing upstairs to find out where the screaming noises were coming from.

"Where did you take Xiumin?" I asked him. He rolled his eyes and headed in my direction. I think he assumed that his fist would be enough against me. I grabbed his arm and white smoke started coming out of it while he could only scream in pain. I knew how numb and painful a frostbite was, but to have your arm turn to ice while you're still conscious? My fingers brushed against his shirt over his chest. "On which side is our heart located?" I asked. "It will take me less than a second to freeze your heart like that."